Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rakugaking

Cystic Acne Recurring in Same Spot

Hey guys,

After making some changes to my regimen I've had a fair amount of success with my skin the past couple of months. Last week however I noticed a small bump below my mouth that has proceeded to swell into a pretty large cyst. It's only slightly painful and not as raised as a regular spot (although still very noticeable). I don't think that it will come to a head. The strange thing is that it has come up in exactly the same place as a very similar lump that I had almost a year ago. That one took about 4 weeks to fully go down and left behind a very slight raised area.

Does something get stuck deep in the skin layers which causes the same cyst to flare up again? Also, would a cortisone injection be something that I should consider?

Any experiences or insight that anyone might have would be gratefully received. I'd been having some great success lately and it's pretty disheartening to be dealing with those familiar feelings of depression and hopelessness again...

Thanks.