Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys. Does anyone know how to go about the pimples that form around the mouth? They seem to keep reappearing...well I think it's calmed down and that it's on its last cycle of reappearing on the exact same spot...but just incase it's not...does anyone have any advice on how to prevent them from coming back at the EXACT same spot? Thanks a lot, guys. Have a good day.

Do you mean like right along the lip line, where lip meets regular skin? I used to get these.. they always started out as these closed little skin colored bumps, then would inflame. The only way i got rid of them was to coax them into a whitehead and pop the shit out of em. No red marks left either.. havent come back yet *knock on wood*

Yeah! That's it! Well...it's not exactly where regular skin meets the lips. It's just a tad bit more in on the regular skin and it's mainly on the sides of my mouth. So all I can do is wait for it to inflame? No real preventive measures than what I'm already doing for the rest of my face? Thanks for the response! I appreciate it. Have a good day.

Hmm whats your regimen right now? Id suggest adding SA or GA to help with exfoliation. If its more on the skin id be wary about popping them. Dont pop them actually.

Guest Pookie

I have had problems in the past with different tooth pastes causing acne around the mouth..go figure :blink: Also if you sleep on your sides and drool a lot that can lead to mouth acne too..try back sleeping wink.gif

POOKIE, that is not so crazy!

I read once that some people can have skin allergies to flouride and that it usually shows up in acne around the mouth and chin.

You might try a natural, flouride free toothpaste, or just use mouthwash (without flouride) on your toothbrush for a while and see what that does for you.

If you can't find any flouride free toothpaste, try baby toothpastes.

They have some without flouride because babies swallow their toothpaste a lot.

It may take you a month or so to see results.

I would try a peel to exfoliate in the meantime, like WHITE suggested.

Good luck!