Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sye91

Hey guys I was Wondering if am a suitable canidate for Accutane.

Moved to the Accutane posts forum. The Accutane logs forum is for keeping a personal log.

Moved to the Accutane posts forum. The Accutane logs forum is for keeping a personal log.

they just look like red marks to me. your acne looks like its pretty much under control so you probably are not a good candidate for accutane. is it always like this?

No isn't always like that ...its the camera quality, kinda bad, but anyway I really get big zits here and there, I brake out 3-4 pimples each day with white heads + my skin being really really oily. My nose is much worse then my both sides of my cheek.

And i was really hoping to go on accutane considering how bad I am being consistent with topical creams or w/e bullshit their is.

Sorry (: I tried every dam cream their is.

Here is a better quality pic from my right cheek.

post-133647-1280718055_thumb.jpg

post-133647-1280718055_thumb.jpg

Edited by sye91

If you break out that frequently you are going to get red marks on your red marks... I don't see a reason to put up with that.

Dermatologists prescribe accutane all the time for persistent acne that doesn't respond to other treatments, so I say go for it.

Yea exactly Werkzeug, I brake out alot on the same dam spots and thus causing more redness over and over. Thanks for your input, really appreciated.

Hey mate, i wouldnt worry too much about what we think.. its really about what YOU think.

If you've tried many other options (topicals etc) to no prevail, and your acne is effecting you emotionally, then i say go for it.

My skin is probably a tad better then yours, and ive just started a course of accutane after numerous treatments didnt work me. My derm was happy to prescribe it to me as its been very persistent these past few years. Just be sure to read up about what to expect/side effects.

Good luck to you man!

Edited by pleasehelp123

if you have already tried topicals and got nowhere why not try accutane? why live with it when there is treatments you havent tried? check out the gallery, some people start out with real severe acne and it clears them up so theres no reason it shouldnt work for you. just make sure you're aware of all the side effects and be prepared for the chapped lips etc. good luck!

Yes, I would go on Tane. Mine is not nearly as bad. But if I did have it worse , I would demand to go on it. If the first derm does not prescribe it, try another. Although the side effects of tane is preety bad and numerous..but in your case go for it.

If you've tried everything else then I would say go for it. If not, you should really give antibiotics a chance.