Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaitoMike

Pimples or Mosquito Bites?

Hey everyone,

I've been on 80mg/day Accutane for about 3 months now and just recently, I've been getting individual breakouts on my thighs and forearms. At first I thought they were just mosquito bites (because I do walk my dog at the park a lot and play tennis & baseball). But then I'm starting to question if it's possible for bugs to bite me so frequently. Just recently, I have one on my hip and elbow. They swell like mosquito bites but I've also noticed whiteheads on some.

Does anyone know what these are called and/or how to treat them? Anyone have similar symptoms?

Thanks.

Probably just mosquito bites, you'l be just fine. I wouldn't think anything of it.

Edited by Jxr

:o the same things been happening to me! Theyre like little blisters but hard lumps that are itchy? they go away after a while but theyre so irratating. I am also getting what i presume are rashes... theyre like scratch marks and very itchy

The rashes, I believe, is eczema. I have that too if I don't moisturize my arms enough. Consult your dermatologist and he should provide you with a cream for it.

But you're right.. the other ones are almost like blisters and I can't figure out how to get rid of them. Not only do they itch but they also feel a little swollen and they are slightly painful!

Did you do anything to ease the irritation?

ooh i hope its not eczema! its not there constantly, i get it then it pops up like a few raised scratches, then goes again :S weird! Yeah these are like water filled pimples i usually get them on my arms, not sure about you? Havn't found anything to get rid of them or stop the irratation they just dissapear and reappear on there own... good luck with finding something im just glad im not the only one who gets them x