Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne isn't really all that bad, but for some reason i always feel worse about it after watching tv or a movie. Those damn movie stars and their perfect skin. You would think that on at least one channel there would be a person with some acne but nope. Go ahead and scan the channels rite now and I bet you won't find anybody wit pimples. Even on the stupid commercials for acne products the ppl are perfectly clear WTF! At least get ppl who actually have acne to be in the commercials. Anyway do u guys think this is cuz tv is fake?, and would anybody actually like to see ''true reality shows'' ie. ppl actually have imperfections in the skin, or do you like it the way it is?

WRONG! the clearasil ultra commercial wink.gif

as you're watching my face is clearing blah blah blah that girl needs to shut her ass up

yup, emmanuel's right...you just think their skin looks perfect but there are all sorts of camera tricks, blurring on closeups, makeup....used to hide flaws. For example, look at a picture of a model in a photography book versus in a magazine and you see so many more skin *flaws.* I was very surprised to see that cindy crawford had enlarged pores on her forehead and cheeks. Also christy brinkley had a lot of broken capilaries and although christy turlington does have beautiful skin you could see that the foundation was caked on and in magazine pictures they just erase all that. NEVER compare your skin to the pictures in magazines or what you see on TV. i have taken pics of myself and with lighting and some makeup can get it to look poreless when it is SO NOT.Not a single fashion magazine photo is without airbrushing>you'll torture your skin (like I have in the past) trying to erase your pores which everyone has, even the best complexions, you'll find a lighting angle that shows the pores.

I don't like to make a big deal out of stars having acne. They're human just like the rest of us, and that means they have pores and will get a pimple or two.

yup, emmanuel's right...you just think their skin looks perfect but there are all sorts of camera tricks, blurring on closeups, makeup....used to hide flaws. For example, look at a picture of a model in a photography book versus in a magazine and you see so many more skin *flaws.* I was very surprised to see that cindy crawford had enlarged pores on her forehead and cheeks. Also christy brinkley had a lot of broken capilaries and although christy turlington does have beautiful skin  you could see that the foundation was caked on and in magazine pictures they just erase all that. NEVER compare your skin to the pictures in magazines or what you see on TV. i have taken pics of myself and with lighting and some makeup can get it to look poreless when it is SO NOT.Not a single fashion magazine photo is without airbrushing>you'll torture your skin (like I have in the past) trying to erase your pores which everyone has, even the best complexions, you'll find a lighting angle that shows the pores.