Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IrPhrog

Dermajuv Acne Scar Reduction System

First, a little background:

My name is Dana. I a 44 year old woman that has suffered from cystic acne on my face (as well as my back and "other" areas) and the scars it left behind for over half of my life. Some scars are new and some are old. As with most people, my acne started in my teens but as time passed, I realized I was going to be afflicted with this debilitating disease forever.

I have done and tried EVERYTHING to reduce the appearance of my scars and when I say everything I really REALLY mean everything.

I've taken Accutane twice in my life. The first being my senior year of high school - lost weight, hair thinning, palms and soles peeling, fever blisters all over the inside of my mouth, lips so dry they cracked and bled....needless to say, I wasn't looking for a dress for prom. The second occassion to ingest this poison came when I was in my 30's...I thought "certainly it has changed"....where the resulting affects of the medication were different, they weren't positive - I started breaking out like I was in the 8th grade all over again...cysts the size pennies under my skin....one cyst just under my brow bone got so big, my eye was swollen shut.

From the time I started having the problems, I've been perscribed antibiotics (oral as well as topical), chemical peels, phototherapy, facial scrubs, creams, herbs, pills.....the list goes on. In 2004 I finally decided to go to my dermatologist for the C02 lazer resurfacing procedure. All to no avail. It's been a rough road. I know everyone here knows what I mean. To make matters worse, in the past 4 years, I have developed generalized Vitiligo...

Last week, I once again began scouring the internet for some "new thing" that might finally offer me some real relief. Now I'm a realist, I KNOW that my face will NEVER be perfectly smooth - that's not what I'm looking for - dreaming of maybe but looking for - that being said, ANY improvement would certainly be a welcome change. So, I ordered and received the Dermajuv Scar Reducation System. I researched the ingredients and I liked what I saw. I also liked the individual properties that the ingredients separately provide. So, here we go....day one.

I got up this morning and used the Detoxifying Cleanser as directed on the bottle and followed it up with the Acne Scar Fading Cream.

I like the cleanser - it's very "watery", there's no "thickness" to it. I think I might be dispensing it in my palm from now on instead of my fingertips. I wasn't prepared for how "thin" the consistency would be.

The cream is is little strange. It's very rich in the jar. The directions say "to gently massage over scars until absorbed" but doesn't say how much to use - you know like "a pea sized amount", or "the size of a dime"....notta...so I'm not crazy about that aspect. With the way I think...if some is good more is better....this could get expensive...LOL. So I decided to go with the "this is supposed to last for 45 days" rule of thumb and we'll go from there.

As you massage the cream into the scars, the cream gets thicker but does actually and completely absorb into my skin. Once it was on my face for a few minutes, my face started to feel tighter. When I looked in the mirror, my face was well moisturized and not dry or dry looking at all! As the morning has worn on, I can still feel the cream on my face but not in an uncomfortable way. My face actually feels hydrated without feeling heavy and the fine lines on my forehead look minimized. So far so good?

post-134770-1280682920_thumb.jpg

post-134770-1280682920_thumb.jpg

Hi Dana. My scars were a little like yours but they've become shallower after Cooltouch and Erbium Yag lasers. I'm considering dermabrasion and will consult with docs next week.

Regarding Vitiligo. Never knew you could unexpectedly get it at 40. Does it have anything to do with acne or acne treatments?

Hi Dana. My scars were a little like yours but they've become shallower after Cooltouch and Erbium Yag lasers. I'm considering dermabrasion and will consult with docs next week.

Regarding Vitiligo. Never knew you could unexpectedly get it at 40. Does it have anything to do with acne or acne treatments?

No my Vitiligo isn't as a result of any treatments, it's purely stress related.

OK so here we are on day 3 of using this product and where my scars are obviously still the same, the cleaser so far as not cleared up my milia (which really i sn't acne in the first place) or the whiteheads that I get on my chin. It may be because of the scar fading cream....as I said before, it's really thick and I might be using too much. So I backed off on the amount of the cream I'm using but still use both the cleaser and the cream as directed.

I'll post another update in about a week.

Don't take this the wrong way but I am skeptical of any cream that claims to help with acne scarring.

The only things that I think have potential to make them shallower...are topical retinoids. They are causing constant turnover in the skin and have that peeling effect and Retin A, Renova or Tazorac have evidence in helping with "photoaging" and shallow scarring...and overall improvement of skin over long periods of time.

From the looks of it you would probably need a combination of subcision and a few other treatments.

Probably more than one round of subcision and maybe some sort of laser...although I myself am afraid of lasers.

You tried CO2 though so maybe you are done with laser also.

Ever tried subcision? I would do some research on that... I would also make sure diet is good, and that you are taking Vitamin C and overall are taking care of yourself in anyway possible.

Good luck.. We all need it! lol

I have not tried subcision. What I've been trying to find is something that treats the damage done to the dermis. It's futile to treat the surface problems if the dermis is still damaged. All your skin can do is to keep "falling" into the indentations left UNDER the skin. Vitamin C is great for folks that don't suffer from atrophic scarring or new scars but does very little for the level of severity that some of us have had to endure.

Unfortunately because of the intensity of my acne my face stopped producing collegen decades ago so that's why I'm trying to find product that kick start this in my skin.

Dana, I think you are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to scar reduction/removal. The product you are using will not have a great impact on your face at all. What you need to do is consult with a top dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area and ask him or her what your best options are in regards to improving your scars. In the meantime, for inspiration and insight, take a look at this thread......

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Combo-Tre...io-t256333.html

Perhaps this is something you might consider?

Hi Dana,

I am a 20 year old woman who have suffered from acne for many years. I took Accutane just like you and thankfully that took care of my acne. Unfortunately I was also left with scarring.

I just started using Dermajuv acne scar reduction system and I would love to hear from you how it's going!?

Great post. Thanks for posting us a picture so that we can try to help you. You are beautiful. My recommendation is this: Subcision and the Obagi nu-derm program. I dont like hq but honestly I really thinks this is going to improve your skin tone and texture greatly. Its expensive but it is a product line that really does deliever what it promises.

The moisturizer might be a good thing to apply AFTER using some kind of treatment to accelerate exfoliation, like glycolic acid peels. It may not help the deeper scars but it will smooth them out and make them less noticeable over time. I would really recommend going to a dermatologist or PS to help with your scars, too, especially the deeper ones. With subcision, the scar tissues is severed allowing the surface of the scar to reach the same level as healthy skin.

You have very beautiful eyes. :) Thanks so much for sharing! Ask us any questions you'd like.

Don't take this the wrong way but I am skeptical of any cream that claims to help with acne scarring.

The only things that I think have potential to make them shallower...are topical retinoids. They are causing constant turnover in the skin and have that peeling effect and Retin A, Renova or Tazorac have evidence in helping with "photoaging" and shallow scarring...and overall improvement of skin over long periods of time.

From the looks of it you would probably need a combination of subcision and a few other treatments.

Probably more than one round of subcision and maybe some sort of laser...although I myself am afraid of lasers.

You tried CO2 though so maybe you are done with laser also.

Ever tried subcision? I would do some research on that... I would also make sure diet is good, and that you are taking Vitamin C and overall are taking care of yourself in anyway possible.

Good luck.. We all need it! lol

Follow Ernesto's thread recommended by Stinky Muldoon. Ernesto's recovery and results are amazing. There is hope for all of us girl. We live in a world of astounding medical technology. sYou may have to spend some money, but in my opinion, I would rather not go on a vacation, buy a house or whatever, in order to have great skin. No matter what you do, you are very pretty young woman.