Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just wondering how it has worked for everyone? I am thinking of trying it, but I'm not sure how efficient it would be in clearing my acne... so has it worked for most people out there?

By the way, I have moderate acne and oily skin. I am currently using the Clinique system, but it hasn't been working and I need something new!! Thanks!

EDIT: After doing my research on the regimen, I decided to try it and I'm glad I did. It's only been a week, but my skin is already much clearer, and I haven't experienced any dryness or irritation. For a more detailed log of my first week on the Regimen, you can visit my blog. Has anyone else's skin cleared in the first week like mine, and if so did you experience any more active acne? Thanks!!

Edited by ♥ Summer Girl ♥

It has worked for a lot of people, but not everyone. Personally, it didn't fully clear my skin, and the redness and dryness was just too much for me to handle. However, everyones skin is different. I would at least give it a try.

Success Stories

there's a whole log of all the people that it has worked for, and then countless others that didn't write in to let us know. a lot of members on these boards, such as myself, used/use the regimen and love it.

it's true, everyone is different and it doesn't work for EVERYONE. but the success rate is solid and it's definitely worth a shot for that clear skin.

I used the regimen for 7 weeks and it definately reduced the number of large spots I was getting. If I wasnt getting spots that scar then I would have carried on with it.

You wont know until you try, I will say the dryness was hard to deal with from around day 4-10 then after that it was manageable. By the 5 week mark dryness was not a problem.

I think it is worth a try!!

I used it for 5 months, my skin honestly was the same it has always been while i was using it. Some days my face looked good and others it looked bad, so i never knew if it was working or not. But i don't think that it DOESN'T work... since there are literally more than 100 pages of success stories, i just happened to be one of the unlucky few. I have found lately that Salicylic Acid works better on my skin than Benzoyl Peroxide,,, which is kind of surprising because i've always heard how Benzoyl Peroxide is a lot more powerful than Salicylic Acid. But oh well, I am on Accutane now so maybe in 5 more months i won't have to worry anymore!

I think if you check the products reviews and then click on 'acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment' you will find how well it has worked for people or not so well. But it has great reviews. Plus there will be more details about what people like about it, what they didn't like, and if they recommend it.

If you give the regimen time to work, I think it can work for almost anyones acne. My skin didn't clear until about month 5 on the regimen; and up until that point I was battling horrible dryness, redness, and flaking. I've been using it for more than 4 years now and can't imagine using anything else. I know of a lot of other people on these forums that it's worked for. Some people get clear in a couple of weeks, some a couple of months, and some have problems with the regimen. Just make sure you follow it exactly, use recommended products, keep moisturized, give it time to work, and you should have good results.

Unfortunately, I find that once a person gets clear on the regimen..they kind of stop coming to these forums. I know I did when I first started the regimen. I came on these forums (under a different screenname) only when I was having problems with the regimen, and when I stopped having problems and got clear..I stopped logging on here hahaha. So your best bet is to look at the Success Stories page to see how people fare on the regimen. It's worth giving it a try, so good luck if you decide to start!

I've had acne for about 6 years and finally got clear on the DKR (and I used Dan's products as well because I wouldn't have known about the DKR if it wasn't for this site). I was lucky and it only took about 2 months to get completely clear of active acne. Red marks are another problem, of course, but the best way of preventing red marks is to prevent acne in the first place.

After doing my research on the regimen, I decided to try it and I'm glad I did. It's only been a week, but my skin is already much clearer, and I haven't experienced any dryness or irritation. For a more detailed log of my first week on the Regimen, you can visit my blog. Has anyone else's skin cleared in the first week like mine, and if so did you experience any more active acne? Thanks!!

I have been on it for 4 weeks exactly. It has cleared me up pretty well. Only about 3 active pimples. And I still have more time to clear me up completely. I definitely recommend it.

I never post on message boards, but Dan's products have helped me so much that I wanted to encourage you to stick with it. I'm 30 and have had acne since I was 12. I finally ordered Dan's regimen a few years back, and it has literally changed my life. I used to wake up everyday with at least one new pimple. Almost immediately after starting to use the BP, I stopped getting new breakouts and the old ones slowly healed. Now I get the occasional pimple, but they go away much faster and are not nearly as inflamed, painful, etc.

Two other things that seem to have helped me - I stopped using whitening toothpastes (evidently there's an ingredient in them that can cause breakouts - I used to have pimples on my chin at all times and don't anymore) and I take a multivitamin daily.

Good luck!

I was on the Regimen for a good six months, and unfortunately my skin is just too sensitive to BP for it to work for me. Despite starting slow and using lots of moisturizer and jojoba I just couldn't take the dryness. I'm not trying to discourage you, because I know that this Regimen has helped SO many people with their struggles, and if your skin can handle BP, then it will probably work well for you. I'm one of the few unlucky ones whose skin is just too sensitive. I would suggest that you start slow and allow your skin to adjust to BP-- I think a lot of people start way too fast and then get discourage by the dryness. It will be uncomfortable for the first few weeks, but then hopefully it will get better (this was my problem-- my redness and dryness never went away) and your skin will clear. I say try it, because what is there to lose?