Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koksy

I just ordered everything

And didn't even consider asking first.

Would using the regimen like this be a good or bad idea?

Morning: Cleaner, BP, Moisturizer+jojoba

Evening: Cleanser, BP, AHA

Been on the standard kit for about 2 months (still red, greasy and flaky :mad: )

Edited by koksy

If you haven't used the AHA yet, I'd recommend starting out only using it two or three times a week in place of the regular moisturizer, instead of every night. See how your skin reacts to it before trying to use it more often. A lot of people find that a few times a week is plenty.

It's just easier to see how your skin reacts to the AHA if you ease into it. It's pretty strong stuff, so using it every day might be a little rough on your skin (especially if your skin is already irritated, which it sounds like yours is). If you start out just using it a few times a week, you can see how your skin reacts to it before trying to use it more often. Better safe than sorry, you know? ; )

yeah okay that makes sense. So will AHA possibly make me even more flaky? I wanted to use it to get smoother skin, not flakier :/

Some people do get a little flakier initially, since the AHA helps to break up the "glue" that holds dead skin cells together. This is normal, as the AHA is helping your skin slough off the dead skin. With repeated use, the AHA will help prevent the dead skin from building up, though, so there won't be enough to show up as flakes.

So I should make a weekly schedule looking something like using AHA 3 (or 4?) days a week during evening?

I usually recommend starting out by trying the AHA two or three times a week, but if you think your skin will be okay using it a little more often than that, that sounds okay. Maybe just try using it every other day, or every two days.

Using Jojoba Oil with your moisturizer can really help increase the moisturizing effects of the moisturizer. Many people choose to use it every day.

If I don't do the current moisturizer mix with AHA, I end up looking super greasy. How will jojoba oil affect this? (replacing the current AHA with jojoba, and only using AHA 2-4 times a week)

Edited by koksy