Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndyJFR

Cures without accutane?

I don't want to go on accutane, and my derm strongly suggested I go on it. They just took a look at my face and went straight to accutane. No, didnt talk about my diet, or other medications.

I wanted to know if some people have a way to get your severe acne all clear, without the use of accutane, and preferably, naturally.

Read around the forum my friend. Lots of people who have success by changing their diet and other routines that made a large impact in reducing or eliminating acne.

I think too many people here are too quick on taking Accutane as a way out without really trying alternatives. I was close to trying it a couple years back, but I just couldn't do it even after all my years of severe, moderate and mild acne. My instincts told me I could tackle my problem another way without any repercussions.

Why replace one problem with another and regret it years down the road? I say try everything else first and use Accutane as a last resort. However, once you are on all bets are off.

I tried changing my diet, cutting out dairy, gluten, carbs etc to see what effect thy had and the truth was nothing - except I looked ill and lost far too much weight.

I tried supplements too, megadosing on b5, taking all the right things, probioticts, antioxidents fishoil....also tried herbal pills - acnescript and acnease, spent a fortune and guess what - nothing!

I will say though that Acnescript seems to work for a lot of people so it is worth looking into.

There are a lot of people on here who have had success with diet changes, but it wont work for everyone....but if you want to try it then go for it, you have nothing to lose...except a few pounds!

Just dont take it too far like I did and end up eating virtually nothing! There is more to life than being hungry! Well done for looking for another option though. I really hope you find something that works, other than accutane!

I've been on epiduo for 2 months from when i had severe acne, but stopped 2 months ago and started natural stuff. I went through chinese herbalists, ginger methods, going vegan, the vitamin supplaments, naturopath herbal mixes and its just been getting worse. I have a log of the gradual worsening of my acne over the month after stopping my epiduo and going natural

I don't want to go on accutane, and my derm strongly suggested I go on it. They just took a look at my face and went straight to accutane. No, didnt talk about my diet, or other medications.

I wanted to know if some people have a way to get your severe acne all clear, without the use of accutane, and preferably, naturally.

wish I could go back in time and tell my derm where to stick his Roaccutane. Like you, he took one look at my face and stuck me on it, aside from all the physical probs it gave me, I dropped out of college through depression and most of my teens and early twenties are just one big depressed blur. It's a life changing drug, but it works for some.

I am one of those that went through a complete dietary change, only thing that has worked. Furthermore, you don't need to starve yourself, just eat plenty of the good stuff.

Nothing has worked for me except accutane. It cleared my skin up completely towards the very end of treatment, but unfortunately the acne comes back afew months after treatment & gradually worsens until you are back to square one again.

I have had 4 courses of acne & yes it did make me depressed towards the end. I think the depression subsided when i stopped the tablets but after the 4th course I am quite depressed even a year later.

However I would take more as I know its the ONLY thing that works. Im not sure if my doctor would be happy for me to have it again though as I have admitted to my depression, & there is a risk it could make it worse.

I have recently been trying the Dermalogica medibac range but this doesnt seem to be working at all. I have acne across my cheeks & jawline mainly, & alot of blackheads on my nose. I started with the overnight clearing gel & the 1st 2 nights this did calm my skin temendously. I carried on using it but then it did not seem to stop new ones forming. So I bought the dermal clay cleaner & oil control lotion to see if using more of the range would be more effective. Unfortunately my skin has got worse not in terms of inflammation but in terms of more spots appearing on my chin, forehead (even though this is normally clear) & recently Ive had a nasty outbreak all under my jaw line/upper neck round to my ears. This is disgusting but I dont want to stop using the product incase it gets worse. I am going to try to use te dermal cleanser just once instead of twice a day, as although it is not drying, my acne seems to be aggravated. The oil control lotion I wear in the day, & it is not very effective as the sebum still oozes through my nose pores during the day, & it does nothing for clearing my acne, but I figure it is better than using a normal moisturiser as it provides a dryer climate, rather than feeding the acne.

A few people ave commented that I look pale and asked if I was alright. Despite this being an expensive product with many good ingredients, it seems to make my skin look quite grotty & I look ill.

Out of the 3 products I would say the overnight clearing gel is the best one. But Im getting fed up of this acne which keeps getting gradually worse whatever I do.

The topical treatments from the doctors just irritate & dry my skin like crazy & dont work just create large scabs that take a long time to fade. I am immune to antibiotics.

I am 26 years old & have had acne since I was 14.

Im fed up of looking ugly & forming scars on my face.

If anyone knows of anything other than roaccutane that works please share.

I don't understand why dermatologists are so quick to prescribe Accutane before they have even tried any and everything else! Accutane has some serious side effects, many of which come years later.... After all that I have read about Accutane, I don't think I would take it, especially because I only suffer from mild facial acne.