Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chiddybang

really need some help...

im going to be a junior in highschool next moth and I've had acne for about 3 years now.. My first couple of years I didn't really mind but now it just really annoys me.. I went to the face doctor and they put me on a twice a day wash.. wish I did almost everyday, they also gave me a prescription for pills that cost $200 and it never helped a lot.. I don't want to make my mom spend all that money on nothing again so please tell me some natural-ish ways.. i wash my face with body soap everytime I take a shower and I'm watching what I eat.. i/e chocolates, sugars, soda.. anything will help now and I'll really appreciate it.. thank u

What wash was it? You probably should be using it every single day to see the best results. I'll just share a few things I have learned along the way:

- use simple products, nothing too harsh. (BP and SA are fine, something has to fight the acne)

- if you want your acne to look better don't use hot water or steam your face because they get more inflamed

- getting the right amount of sleep is very important! 8hrs+ a night is best

- exercise is good, for the mental and physical aspect.

- definitely don't use body soap to wash your face!! eeek. Get a face wash made for acne!

I'll try and gather more!

hey thanks for that info, I really didn't know body soap was bad for that ill stop doin that immediatley.. the medication I was put on was oreaca 40mg and I used OXY was during a shower and retin-a lotion for after it... I don't know if this helps but it's what I've been using

Edited by chiddybang

hey thanks for that info, I really didn't know body soap was bad for that ill stop doin that immediatley.. the medication I was put on was oreaca 40mg and I used OXY was during a shower and retin-a lotion for after it... I don't know if this helps but it's what I've been using

Yeah only because facial skin is thinner and more sensitive to most products than "body" skin. It also ages faster. So we want to be careful with it :)

So are you using Retin-A cream? Is this at night or during the day? What strength? If you are using Retin-A it can be comedogenic and you might want to switch to the gel version. Also, you can get a nice gentle face wash because with retinoids you really don't need a lot of extra stuff, it can irritate your skin. Sorry for all the questions, trying to give you the right advice :) I love Aveeno face wash by the way.