Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What type of makeup do you use?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which form (liquid, powder, etc.) do you like the best?

• Liquid
    • Pressed Powder
    • Loose Powder
    • Cream

hey guys im just curious as to what form of foundation you like the best. so do the poll then leave a comment stating what your vote was and your favorite brand and any other detail you can provide.

right now im using YSL matt touch primer and MakeUp ForEver Duo Matt Powder. im trying to find a more natural looking coverage. im wondering if maybe a liquid is better. im not sure. ive also tried the whole mineral thing and that doesn't work for me.

so let me know. brand, type, etc. as well as any primer, setting powder, or concealer u may use with it. im on the search for a nice, medium coverage, but natural foundation to cover up redness/some acne etc. i have a nice primer but i want a more natural looking foundation. (that sinks into my skin better)

so take some time and fill this out. thanks guys!

i like liquid foundation most of all. Reason is because my skin is dry and it does not break out my skin . Currently i am using lo'real foundation and primer too :) i am happy

I use Revlon's Colorstay - it lasts a long time, helps control oil, it's buildable, great coverage and decent match.

I'm willing to try new stuff but kind of scared to in case of breakouts!

I use bare Minerals, which I know tends to be unpopular on acne sites because of the bismuth, but I haven't had any breakouts or irritation. I didn't wear makeup for a while just because I was really sick of the look, feel, and fuss that went into it. I tend to have oily skin with flakes everywhere because of the Retin-A I'm on, but with regular exfoliation my skin behaves and plays well with the BM.

I'm also very very pale (NW 10-15) and it's a pain to get something that matches me. BM has done really well on that front.

I use Meow Cosmetics MMU (loose powder foundation) in two of their formulas--Purrrfect Puss and Pampered Puss (not at the same time) and Flawless Feline as a concealer (even though it's a foundation). MMU is something you have to try a variety of brands because they vary greatly. Also, it's really important to have the right tools and to apply it correctly. If you don't have/do that, it will look bad. I use synthetic kabukis from Choice Brush (same ones available through many MMU comanies, but it's cheaper there) and a synthetic concealer brush--the ones I have are from Avon and Everyday Minerals but aren't available through them anymore but there are definitely others out there.

Liquid makeup never seems to blend well--just sits on top of my skin and then gets gross throughout the day. I think it's becuase I do the Regimen but that's not something I can give up!

I wasn't that happy with Meow MMU but used it b/c it was the best I had found. Then a couple of weeks ago I found all my Choice Brush Kabukis. Long story but I was moving a lot and had a lot of stuff in boxes for a long time. I had been using the synthetic flat top brush from Meow that they recommended. And imo it does not apply MMU well--it puts on too thick a layer making it cake up in a few hours. After finding my kabukis (and washing them of course) I absolutely love Meow MMU now!

I wasn't that happy with Meow MMU but used it b/c it was the best I had found. Then a couple of weeks ago I found all my Choice Brush Kabukis. Long story but I was moving a lot and had a lot of stuff in boxes for a long time. I had been using the synthetic flat top brush from Meow that they recommended. And imo it does not apply MMU well--it puts on too thick a layer making it cake up in a few hours. After finding my kabukis (and washing them of course) I absolutely love Meow MMU now!

Which brush did you use from Meow?

"Indulgent Synthetic Flat Top"

The brush itself is fine...there's nothing wrong with the construction of it but I think it puts way too much on at once. I like layering better because it doesn't look cakey. But who knows, maybe it works for other people who have different skin.

Ah, I bought that one as well. I like my EDM ones better but they're old and I fear, even though I wash them, that they were one reason I was breaking out. So, I've been using this brush, but I have to put in a lot of effort to tap off the excess. I can see where you're coming from....it's not very dense, I think that's why

I use Silk Naturals loose powder. I've always preferred powder formulations. Liquid just takes me longer to apply, and cream is too thick usually!

I was using MAC Studio Fix (N4) which is a pressed powder when I had moderate acne before I started treatment and in the time I had clear skin and it was incredible. I didn't even need to look in a mirror to put it on because it matched my skin and blended so well. But, after years of lots of treatments my skin just won't take it anymore due to it being combination. It doesn't work very well on dry areas!

Right now I use L'oreal Bare Naturale in Golden Ivory and Clinique Superbalanced in Alabaster. I would highly reccomend the Clinique liquid as it has a nice coverage (not too heavy) but really evens tone and partially covers blemishes. A layer or the L'oreal mineral make-up on top sets it and also gives the extra coverage to almost completely and sometimes completely cover any blemishes I do have. Neither of them have broken me out either.

Good luck in your search for the perfect make-up. I think about 90% of girls are still on that hunt too! Lol

I use Faerie Organic Minerals (loose powder) I prefer natural products and have to use ones that are bismuth oxychloride free due to the major breakouts/itching I got from using BE. I did like the glow that I got from BE so I am pretty happywith Faerie's as I still get the glow. I also used to use drugstore brands which I feel were the major reason for my acne, but I am big against chemicals and unecessary fillers in makeup. I do prefer mineral makeup over liquids etc as their are less ingredients to deal with, and it also helps that mineral makeup is antiinflammatory which helps with blemishes. You can make any mineral makeup liquid yourself, by mixing it in your hand with your moisturizer and applying, this works well for dry areas. I personally do not like liquids at all, they make me feel suffocated and take a lot longer to apply and blend.

NESSA- you can wash your brushes, but make sure you use a gentle/natural cleanser like burts bees because any residue of the cleanser left on your brush can cause breakouts. I had this happen when I used dish soap to wash them once. Most cleansers use harsh sodium laureth sulfates which gave me major breakouts.

Liquid, it's what I prefer.

Even if my skin is combo, mineral makes my skin look super chalky.

I use loose powder over my TM so it's more matte.

I'm going to try out L'Oreal's TruMatch.

I'm not looking for medium-full coverage.

Just light, to even out my skin tone (:

Not wearing makeup at the mo' but I've tried loose powder (Bare Minerals and L'Oreal Bare Naturale, both of which clogged my pores), pressed powder (MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Face Powder - both of which I use sparingly) and liquid foundations.... a long list that I won't type out.

I voted liquid foundations because I use it more so because it lasts longer and is very versatile- can have sheer to full coverage, have matte, dewy, sparkly finishes, and can come with SPF that I feel comfy with. The bad thing about it? These foundations tend to break me out the most.

However, these days I've started to reach for my Physicians Formula powder to even out skin and absorb oil for when I go out and see friends. It's so far doing a great job without clogging my pores.

Liquid and loose mineral foundation. To be fair I haven't used the other two types. I think the next thing I'll try is compact powder foundation.(the one from MAC)