Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm about 97% clear of acne from diet, but there are scars that remain. I have some pretty dark red marks over my cheeks. I know these will fade slowly with time, but I have other scars too. Indented ones, shallow impressions..I'm lucky they aren't severe. In some lighting they're much more noticeable than others. And make my cheek look uneven and not smooth. But, I'm really okay with that.

I look at my scars as battle scars. I fought acne (and still am) and never gave up. Yes, the scars are a sign that I had acne, but they also show that I was able to conquer it. They show that I'm not one of those shallow preppy girls who cake their already-flawless-faces with tons of makeup. Because I'm not afriad to wear none and never do (probably because I never let myself start). They show that I had to find strength in the depths of darks places beyond my control, and that I most likely am a more considerate and deep person instead of an ignorant stuck-up bitch that is most of the girls my age. And also, they show as a sign to other acne sufferers that they aren't alone. Because when they see my scars I want them to know I went through it all too. I'm one of the few in the clear outter world that knows how it feels. And I want them to finally have that someone to feel comfortable looking at. Because looking at people with perfect skin, it hurts.

And even if anyone looked at my scars and said "ew" I'd just be amused by their ignorance. Acne has changed who I am in a way I wouldn't have changed without it. It has shapped me into a better person, and I have these scars to prove it. And pity on those people who will never go beyond what their ignorant eyes can see.

Well after fighting with acne the scars remains. But we should also fight with the scars. They will also go after applying some medicated creams or ointment.

That's a good attitude to have towards your scarring. If you were dealing with more extensive or severe indented scarring, do you think you would see things differently? Almost my entire face is covered in shallow scarring (and two or three deeper pits), and I find it hard to accept it as "battle scars" when my face just looks ragged...

I'm about 97% clear of acne from diet, but there are scars that remain. I have some pretty dark red marks over my cheeks. I know these will fade slowly with time, but I have other scars too. Indented ones, shallow impressions..I'm lucky they aren't severe. In some lighting they're much more noticeable than others. And make my cheek look uneven and not smooth. But, I'm really okay with that.

I look at my scars as battle scars. I fought acne (and still am) and never gave up. Yes, the scars are a sign that I had acne, but they also show that I was able to conquer it. They show that I'm not one of those shallow preppy girls who cake their already-flawless-faces with tons of makeup. Because I'm not afriad to wear none and never do (probably because I never let myself start). They show that I had to find strength in the depths of darks places beyond my control, and that I most likely am a more considerate and deep person instead of an ignorant stuck-up bitch that is most of the girls my age. And also, they show as a sign to other acne sufferers that they aren't alone. Because when they see my scars I want them to know I went through it all too. I'm one of the few in the clear outter world that knows how it feels. And I want them to finally have that someone to feel comfortable looking at. Because looking at people with perfect skin, it hurts.

And even if anyone looked at my scars and said "ew" I'd just be amused by their ignorance. Acne has changed who I am in a way I wouldn't have changed without it. It has shapped me into a better person, and I have these scars to prove it. And pity on those people who will never go beyond what their ignorant eyes can see.

Great Post :clap: