Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paparazzi25

what perscriptions did your derm give you before Accutane?

we all know Accutane is meant to be a last resort drug for when other products and perscriptions don't work. So I was curious what your derm all had you try. I am putting mine in order from start to fin but if you don't remember it doesn't matter.

Ziana, Tazorac, Epiduo, Solodyn (antibiotic), some generic Benzoyl Peroxide wash, Dorxy (antibiotic), Retin-A, and finally Accutane.

I was just curious what prescriptions where sold before taking the "last resort" treatment. My derm told me that although i haven't tried EVERY possible prescription, she thinks i did enough to learn that most others would fail. Currently on Day 9 of Amnesteem

I've tried Stievamycin, and clindamycin. she did prescribe me minocycline but i couldnt swallow the capsules lol. So 2 days ago she put me on accutane.

Tetracycline (generic), Doxycycline (doryx), Minocycline (solodyn), ziana gel, retin-a, tazorac, brevoxyl, rosula, and I also tried the acne.org regimen.