Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TDNB

My birthday is in a few days, the only present I want is to be clear!

Hi everybody.

So I'm almost 20 and I've been living with acne since the beginning of high school.

I've discovered that my acne is in part due to my liver being unable to detoxify the allergens/toxins that I eat.

The problem is, I believe that i'm allergic to nearly everything (fruits-seems like everything except kiwi, watermelon, citrus, and berries nuts-anaphylactic rxn to peanuts etc) along with some random stuff such as jojoba oil, chamomile tea, and so on.

I love fruits, but being allergic to them puts me in a spot where its very difficult not to be nutrient-deficient.

Topical creams hardly do a thing for me, and i'm pretty sensitive to BP. Also, I want to go to the root of the problem, not "cover it up".

I've read good things about detox programs, and I feel like cleansing my liver/colon would clear me up and help things move along nicer.

Which brings me to my next point, constipation, my family is plagued with it and it only adds to my toxin problem! No constipation = very little inflammation.

I've been considering some detox/flush diets (even though i'm underweight) but they won't work with my allergy problems!

I was close to buying the 3 day acne free e-book but learned that it's an apple-only diet which would leave me with hives and rashes and even more acne!

Someone please help me, i'm lost and nothing is helping!

Well here's a quick question for you: What is it that you are actually allergic to that is IN the fruits? Have you narrowed it down?

If you can answer that, I believe myself or some others on here could give you some advice on how to flush out your body/liver.

Also, I can't emphasize enough that you should not buy any "Acne Cure". Well, I should be more specific: Books. There are quite a few books that claim to cure acne in a week or three days. What I would do if I were you is search this site for posts on any regimen/vitamin supplement/etc. that you are thinking about trying. This will help you a lot.

Hi Cameron, thanks for your response.

Yes I know, i have never bought anything like it before.

I'm just stressed out cause i'm probably gonna end up blowing off all my friends for my birthday cause i'm too embarrassed to go out of the house.

I was hoping for a quick solution and was willing to spend money, even if it didn't work.

I'm not sure what i'm allergic to within the fruits, and have no clue how I could figure that out.

I'm allergic to all fruits in the genus Prunus and bananas+apples+figs+cantaloupes (those are the major ones).

Every time I eat one of those fruits I get an itchy throat, even in rather small amounts.

So whatever they share in common is probably a piece of that puzzle.

Almost forgot that i'm also allergic to eggs, used to be awful but now I can eat one or two (although i generally break-out afterwards). Also lactose intolerant, don't know if that counts as dairy.

I check these forums before trying anything targeting my acne. I am careful and have never fallen victim to any gimmicks.

I feel like fixing my allergies would also fix my acne, so I've considered getting an ELISA or ALCAT test and then avoiding every food I have an intolerance to.

Even better would be an actual cure. I've looked into NAET, but i'm a bit of a skeptic.

The naet[dot]com website has info.

I've also considered the-allergy-kit[dot]com but completely believe its a scam..

Edited by TDNB

I love fruits, but being allergic to them puts me in a spot where its very difficult not to be nutrient-deficient.

Vegetables?

It's not a scam, they come from the ground I swear!

Edited by uncle buck

Yes, thankyou, but I eat at least some veggies with every meal.

Even if I absolutely hate them!

Except broccoli, which I might be allergic to in high amounts.

Had broccoli soup and I could hardly breathe, :think: hmm.

My first priority is reducing redness and inflammation, by detoxifying my body.

Next priority would be to cure my allergies so I can be healthy and eat comfortably..

I swear I would eat mostly fruits and veggies if I wasn't so allergic/hypersensitive.

I no longer even try to eat food that I like, just whatever I can eat without causing an allergic reaction and thus acne.

You normal-folk are so damn lucky you don't even know it!

God how I wish there was a switch in the brain that when flipped forced my body to treat food as a friend.

It was even worse when I was a kid, I ate potatoes+meat every day. /end moping :boohoo:

This is a call to anyone with tips on how to either

A. Decrease my sensitivity to food

B. Detox the body without taking in overly-harsh ingredients

C. Strengthen + Cleanse the liver and lessen its workload so the toxins are purified before they reach my blood and erupt from my freaking FACE.

Edited by TDNB

I don't understand why everyone asks how to "detox". Honestly I think induced detox is a load of crap. If you're avoiding foods that irritate you, your body should be detoxing from the foods that you previously ate before then. Not sure but this is how it works for me. I've seen a lot of sites and stuff that recommend juicing for 3-5 days but I don't see what good this does.

I'm not sure what you can do for your liver. Doesn't your liver make cholesterol? So maybe you could eat some to lessen the burden. I read that you're allergic to eggs...that sucks. If you keep with your diet over time things might get better and you might be able to add foods back in. You just need to be patient.

Its great that you love fruit. But your only supposed to have 3 servings a day and 2 of veggies. If you consume too many fruits or veggies, all that sugar can hurt you. Also milk, wheat, and soy cause allergies and that could be the problem. Quite a few fruits are inflammatory. Veggies are the opposite though. Drink 2-3 pints of water and fruit juices instead. Juices are easily digested, except for OJ!

Its great that you love fruit. But your only supposed to have 3 servings a day and 2 of veggies. If you consume too many fruits or veggies, all that sugar can hurt you. Also milk, wheat, and soy cause allergies and that could be the problem. Quite a few fruits are inflammatory. Veggies are the opposite though. Drink 2-3 pints of water and fruit juices instead. Juices are easily digested, except for OJ!

Thanks for the input everyone, this is a great/helpful community.

I don't eat excess fruit or veggies. Closer to not enough because of the allergies.

I do eat what I don't react to though (generally not even enough servings).

I don't know if i'm allergic to soy but I minimize wheat and milk. The most milk I have is cereal every few days, and that's special milk (normal milk with the lactase enzyme to break down lactose).

Not sure if i'm allergic to dairy but I am lactose intolerant.

@Chey

I too agree, but I also believe that I can't knock something 'til I try it..

Theres a lot of anecdotal evidence that detoxing helps with gastrointestinal problems, acne, and allergies.

Sometimes even for extended periods of time.

They are all problems that I have. Also my pops doesn't have the greatest liver, so I'm pretty sure that cleaning my liver would do a great deal for me. Hard to completely ignore that possibility.

The past 2 days I have been making blends of random healthy stuff. Fruits, veggies, olive oil (lol).

It does seem to be reducing inflammation so I'll keep at that, but the core problem (allergies) is still there.

I know it seems simple enough to not eat offending foods, but i've been reading ingredient lists all my life and it seems like every year I need to put down more foods to avoid a reaction..

Don't remember the last time I had cake at a birthday and I hardly ever eat out.

I don't eat any of the common allergens in excess/alone but I do eat em in "trace amounts" since it can hardly be avoided.

90% of foods at the market have some possible allergen making it really effing hard to get by.

Edited by TDNB