Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Usedslugs

For those hesitant

I recently finished my Accutane course of 5 months 40Mg a day.

17 years old and 170 pounds, had acne since I was 13ish progressivly got worse.

Look and see just how bad my acne was in my gallery. I can now say I have no acne what so ever ( I plan on getting images up soon )

I lurk on these boards alot and see alot of anti-tane people and I would have to say my expierence was without a doubt one of the best choices I have made. I had the minor side effects Chaped lips and some minor back pain.

My "IB" was strange as it was 2 GIA-MASSIVE death pimples, easily the biggest I had ever have, but other over the course of about 2 months I was getting results and by the third of so month I would not get a pimple and my acne was starting to fade.

Now you wouldent be able to even tell really. Wich is a good feeling because I've been there I know what it feels like, I couldent even talk to people and feel like a massive part of my life was just ripped away from me, Highschool years I was sort of anti social for my freshman and softmore years, it got better as I got older and perhaps even accepted the fact that I had terrible acne.

In closing, I'm not one to beat around the bush My decision to take accutane was done with limited research I just sort of did it... I was tired of Acne and I knew it was the most potent thing. Instead of screwing around with things that might work I went to the big leagues and It payed off. If your that depressed about your acne you should take the risk.

Sometimes you gotta just feel and not think.

the anti-tane people are complaining cause it failed for them... in many ways I see their point but it's got to suck to be in that 2.5% that Accutane doesn't work for :(

On day 3 of Accutane, wish me luck peeps :) !!!!

I wouldent want anyone thinking that im ignorant in that acutane isent a 100% cure all, but this was really ment to just entice someone I suppose.

I agree with you dude. It changed my life as well.

I don't understand these anti tane people... it pisses me off.

Acknowledging the fact that Accutane has side effects is being anti-tane? Experiencing first hand is being anti-tane?

Accutane did a superb job of ridding me of my acne, it's the side effects that piss me off.

Facepalm

Knowing that Accutane has side effects goes unsaid, BUT you are bassicly forced to know them. So anyone that has gotten Accutane is aware of them.

I started at the list of side affects and said to myself " I would rather have half of theese and not have acne.." that being said the maybe 2% of people that would get the more severe side affects I guess this dosent apply to.

Call it ignorant but unless your derm tells you of the side effects you may not ever know until you get them. My derm for example made no mention of any side effects whatsoever or to sign a waiver form.

Had I known.... this med works wonders for people and hurts others.

Soon to finish my first week on tane, early days yet but i have much faith in this treatment after hearing so many success stories.

As long as people know the side effects and what to expect, i think tane is a good choice if you've exhausted other options and its effecting someone on an emotional level.

Such a high success rate, i cant wait til about 3 months from now! =D

I want to get on it, the only side effect I'm worried about is the hair loss. The rest i can deal with

As a girl with really thick, long hair, this is my biggest fear, too...

Dry skin, dry lips, even mood swings I can deal with. Heck, my mood swings and depression now just from having horrible skin are bad enough.

But I don't want to lose my hair.

:(

I want to get on it, the only side effect I'm worried about is the hair loss. The rest i can deal with

As a girl with really thick, long hair, this is my biggest fear, too...

Dry skin, dry lips, even mood swings I can deal with. Heck, my mood swings and depression now just from having horrible skin are bad enough.

But I don't want to lose my hair.

:(

Yeah hair loss suuuuuucks. I had to take tane 3 times to get it to work for me and it did. No more acne. But 2.5 years later and now I'm getting hair loss and joint pain. Such a bitch. Back to the derm I go to get treated for my hair thinning haha. Give up acne, get something in return. Weigh the pros and cons carefully before you decide. The side effects are real, and they aren't all that rare.