Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dayslikethis

BP better for men than women? + BP for cystic acne? + the BLEACHING

Hi all,

I'm new here. Just introduced myself over in the designated place. I'm interested in trying the regimen, but I have a few reservations and I was hoping some of you might have some insight or advice.

First of all, I've used Benzoyl Peroxide a lot in the past and never really saw a great result from it. I'm not sure why, but I have heard some speculation that BP might not work as well for women as it does for men. Does anyone know of any info to back this up? Any women with the same experience?

I'm also concerned that since my acne is mostly cystic in nature, the regimen might not work for me. I've never really seen much of an impact from topical products in general, since cystic acne is so deep. Has anyone with cystic acne had a good (or not good) experience using the regimen?

Lastly, when I did use BP in the past it pretty much bleached everything I own. I can handle wearing old t-shirts to bed, and even using old sheets, but due to both cost and emotional attachment to my clothes (especially the large part of my wardrobe that is vintage and irreplaceable) I can NOT handle any of my real clothes being bleached. It seems like this will create a problem regarding the morning application of BP. Does anyone have any advice or experiences to share about this? Wearing an undershirt really isn't a great option for me, as a woman. Would the regimen work as well/at all if the BP was only applied at night?

Thanks! Hope this made sense.