Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, I've read and replied to a lot of these "please help me I'm so depressed" topics, and I was hoping I could be on the receiving end this time. I've been on Accutane once; it cleared me, but left me with red marks and broken blood vessels. Since then I tried to get rid of them (not harshly though), and they have faded ever so slightly in the last year and a half (though broken blood vessels tend not to "fade"). About that time, my acne came back. I didn't (and still don't) want to go back on Accutane because I figured I'd just be back where I was with the redness, or worse. So I took vitamins upon vitamins, and tried this n that, but to no avail. I feel like one of the people who truly have tried everything yet their acne remains (and they want to avoid Accutane).

Anyways, I'm not actually looking for regimen advice or something "new" (though, if you believe you have something, feel free to share). I'm actually looking for some... pity lol. I'm going off to college in about a week and a half. I know I'll probably have the worst acne there (smaller school). So I'm just trying to suck it up and just forget about it. And that's what I really wanna do guys. I really do. Just help me out. Make me feel better about this whole thing lol

For those interested, here's what I do to try and contain my acne:

10g of B5

2000mg Vitamin C

1000 IU Vitamin D

50mg Zinc

B Complex

10,000-40,000 IU Vitamin A

1000mg Acai

Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser day and night

AHA spot treatment

Exercise

No dairy

Avoiding sugars and oils

Change pillowcase

Sleep facing up so face doesn't touch pillow

Abstaining from masturbation

Icing face for inflammation

Dual Purpose Moisturizer Spf 15

At the moment that's everything I can think of that I do.

Any replies are really appreciated

Edited by Cameron Sane

Ahhhhh dude I was hoping for a picture of a giant poop! :lol: I'm starting college soon as well, I'm guessing your the same as me, dreading what other people are going to think and say, whether you'll make friends easily or not. But one thing that gives me a little hope is that i'll be around people who are alot more mature then those stupid whiny kids in school :xxx:

Ummm sleeping face upwards, do you have any tips on how to fall asleep like that? It takes me about 2 hours, and about 10 minutes on my side. How do you do it? Or is it just me? :lol: We're all going through the same thing anyway, pretty much everyone who visits/joins this site, you always feel like your the only one, but we are out there :cool2: Spooky eh? :shrug:

Thanks for replying man. I cracked up at the poop comment! Well I'm not sure about you, but I'm one of those people who when they sleep, they have to have EVERYTHING perfect. So I make sure I'm as comfortable as possible (for some reason, brushing the hair of my forehead always helps). At first I was just like you. It took my fooorrreeevvveeerrr to fall asleep facing up. But I got used to it pretty quick and it's normal for me now. So I guess just try what works for you, but definitely try to stick with it.

And I'm really glad you made those whole "mature college kids" comment. That's really true. Even if kids think of me as "the acne kid", oh well. It is what it is. I'll still make friends

Well if it makes you feel any better this is me http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/HolyShipMan/acne.jpg

Ontop of acne I have seb derm which makes my face constantly bright irritated red

So if its any conciliation i know exactly how you feel. I literally do EVERYTHING your wrote in that list including sleeping on the back. Accutane isn't an option wish i had the money.

I have done everything possible besides accutane and I look like this. It is very depressing but you just have to keep going. College is a pretty big move so im proud your willing to go there knowing how self conscious you must be. I work at walmart, thats a bummer. I see hundreds of people everyday right up in my face asking questions. People are nice enough, look me in the eyes and act normal. Makes me feel a bit better.

Im sure you will do fine and feel fine as long as you don't over Analise what people are thinking.

Also I hate to say it but nomadder how bad you feel you could be this guy http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman...ticle638308.ece. I get sad just reading this, knowing how I feel I cannot even imagine how he feels. Makes me much more thankfull for what I have

Edited by Chris1337

Well if it makes you feel any better this is me http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/HolyShipMan/acne.jpg

Ontop of acne I have seb derm which makes my face constantly bright irritated red

So if its any conciliation i know exactly how you feel. I literally do EVERYTHING your wrote in that list including sleeping on the back. Accutane isn't an option wish i had the money.

I have done everything possible besides accutane and I look like this. It is very depressing but you just have to keep going. College is a pretty big move so im proud your willing to go there knowing how self conscious you must be. I work at walmart, thats a bummer. I see hundreds of people everyday right up in my face asking questions. People are nice enough, look me in the eyes and act normal. Makes me feel a bit better.

Im sure you will do fine and feel fine as long as you don't over Analise what people are thinking.

Also I hate to say it but nomadder how bad you feel you could be this guy http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman...ticle638308.ece. I get sad just reading this, knowing how I feel I cannot even imagine how he feels. Makes me much more thankfull for what I have

Hey Chris, you kinda look like Kimi Räikkönen, the Formula 1/rally driver! Anyway, check out my log. I found an affordable way to get Accutane without insurance in America. I basically use CareCredit for the required office visits and order the prescription online through a pharmacy in Canada, which in turn orders it from Germany, which they get from India... lol

Well I tried it last night and I failed really badly, but tonight is the night! I shall try again :dozing:

Even if kids think of me as "the acne kid", oh well. It is what it is. I'll still make friends
Hell yeah! That's the spirit :owned:

Hey Chris I'm not too far off from you mate! You're just a little more red. I wish you the best of luck too and I really appreciate the comment.

And yeah GoGoPlums, it's pretty rough at first!! Just try and stick with it. It's hard to fall asleep at the beginning. Or just sever your head off. Either way works.