Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChrisB92

Advice on my current acne situation...Maybe Dan's Regimen?

I know it may not LOOK terrible, but i FEEL terrible from it. This is on a "good day" keep in mind. My acne is mild/moderate at times, and mostly on my chin, jawline, and cheek area. I do get the red, inflamed whitehead about once every 3/4 days, but most of my acne are small, raised bumps all along my jawline and cheeks. They are easier to see in the last couple pictures but that still doesn't do it justice. I know you can't see them from far away, but up close I get very insecure about them. (I've tried alomst everything OTC, and prescriptions like Ziana, Benzaclin, Retin A) My current regimen is

MORNING~

Glycolic Acid/Salicylic Acid Wash - use in the shower

Neutrogena oil-free mosturizer for sensitive skin - right after the shower

NIGHT~

Neutrogena salicyclic acid pink grapefruit scrub

Vanicream mosturizer

Spot Treatment = Clean & Clear salicyclic acid Spot Treatment

Antibiotic = Doxycycline 2 x 100mg

Vitamins = 4 Fish oils, 100mg zinc, 2000IU vitamin D

I know that I do not have benzoyl peroxide in my treatment and after looking through dan's regimen, and him saying the key to a clear face is lots of BP, i'm wondering if that will work for me? Can i get some advice about what to do with acne like this? I ordered Dan's starter kit so i'll give it a try regardless, i'm just curious if i'm missing anything!

post-134622-1280518644_thumb.jpg

post-134622-1280518650_thumb.jpg

post-134622-1280518659_thumb.jpg

post-134622-1280518668_thumb.jpg

wow bro your acne is mild as hell!

I know its not what you want to hear because it affects you, but your skin looks pretty damn good to me. You have sort of the same skin as I do, I dont have a general area I break out just random spots around my face.

Personally BP does nothing but irritate my skin cause mines very sensitive...but if your skin isnt sensitive why not give it a go? The worst that could happen is it wont work for you. But honestly man I sat in the house too many days because of my mild/moderate acne.

I still have it, not as bad, and I think stress played a big role in that. But i just learned to enjoy life again and its a great feeling.

Try the regimen bro it works for alot of people and good luck with whatever your choice may be!

wow bro your acne is mild as hell!

I know its not what you want to hear because it affects you, but your skin looks pretty damn good to me. You have sort of the same skin as I do, I dont have a general area I break out just random spots around my face.

Personally BP does nothing but irritate my skin cause mines very sensitive...but if your skin isnt sensitive why not give it a go? The worst that could happen is it wont work for you. But honestly man I sat in the house too many days because of my mild/moderate acne.

I still have it, not as bad, and I think stress played a big role in that. But i just learned to enjoy life again and its a great feeling.

Try the regimen bro it works for alot of people and good luck with whatever your choice may be!

so true. I think the regime will be perfect for you and you should see quick results