Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FromTheInsideOut

Subcision....Extinct?

Okay....subcision. Does it still exist????

Maybe it's just the state where I live....I don't know. But I can't seem to find ANY derms OR plastic surgeons in the ENTIRE STATE who offer subcision as a scar treatment.

For those of you who have undergone subcision: was it listed on the website/in the derm's ad, or did you only find out about the service after the consultation?

Thanks!

~FTIO~

post-87792-1280518071_thumb.jpg

post-87792-1280518071_thumb.jpg

Edited by FromTheInsideOut

Its still around theres actually something new that recently came out of testing called Subcision Suction, and its very effective! But I cannot find anywhere doing it. I'm pretty sure the reason most places wont do Subcision is because we all know it works somewhat on atrophic scars and doctors want people to put their money towards lasers which do nothing except make them very very rich. Which is why I will never do a laser on my face unless its proven to work good, which will never happen ever in my opinion.

totaldermatoloy-dr. pilest california

lakeviewderm-chicago

insightderm-san diego california

dr. rapaport-new jersey

dr. despain-columbia

here are just some of the doctors that are known for performing subcision.

Hi FTIO,

I'm not sure where you're located, but I know a great doc in Nashville, TN who regularly performs subcision. Send me a message if you want more information!

Hi Tzera!

Nashville would be about 7 hours away from me (at the least), but I would still be interested in the information.

Did you have subcision performed by that doctor? And if so, were you happy with the results?

Thanks so much!

~FTIO~

Mclarensupra--

I read some articles about subcision suction too.... I guess it's a bummer if no one is doing the procedure in-office yet.

I'm totally with you when it comes to lasers.... SKIP!!!! Of course, Fraxel (esp. Re:store) makes sense, in theory. It's like a microscopic version of dermarolling. I'm sure it would make at least SOME sort of a difference over time.

Well, thanks for the info!

~FTIO~

chee6119--

Do you know of any good subcision doctors from personal experience? Because if I'm going to drive halfway across the country for a derm who performs subcision, I'd rather it be by a recommendation, not a Google search!!

Thanks so much for your help!

~FTIO~

nope. but dr. despain seems to be good. He did subcision on mr. matt. you should look into his 'man in the mirror' thread.

his scars imrpoved like 80-90 percent.

Hi Tzera!

Nashville would be about 7 hours away from me (at the least), but I would still be interested in the information.

Did you have subcision performed by that doctor? And if so, were you happy with the results?

Thanks so much!

~FTIO~

FTIO,

I have had one subcision treatment plus extractions from Dr. Biesman in Nashville. The treatment was part of a regimen I'm doing in conjunction with Pearl Fractional laser. I had the subcision done in January and the laser in early June. So far, I have noticed some improvement in my skin. The next steps will be more subcision followed by a second laser treatment. Dr. Biesman is not a derm, but a plastic surgeon specializing in laser medicine. He's a wonderful doc. He has a website with a TON of information about options for treatment of scars. Check it out!

It is funny because subcision is hard to find....but it seems to be one of the most effective acne scarring treatments with the least risk as far as issues with it.

Subcision from what I have read on realself.com is very doctor dependent and requires skill...which I would agree with.

I had subcision with some benefits but I believe it was overcorrected causing a linear type scar...

So there are always risks...but other than that I think subcision is still probably one of the better procedures out there for acne scarring.

It's just funny that one of the best treatments for acne scarring is one of the hardest to find...

Ironic no?

Lasering is still new IMO and results are probably also doctor and type of laser dependent but I am skeptical of lasers in general.

So far it seems TCA Crossing, Subcision, and Fraxel Repair (apparently, but not sure) are some of the better scar treatments available.

Chemical peels...with proper docs and proper strength and multiple treatments appear to have promise in the future after doing some things for your skin to help the scarring ...seem to have potential to help skin tone and uneven skin...