Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
serratus

Growing out of acne

I once read someone post here that if you always try to control your acne through diet you will "never grow out of acne" -- I guess growing out of acne would mean being able to eat whatever you want, and not having this extremely complex and voluminous skin care routine and not breaking out

My question is do you think that statement has any merit and, if so, how does one go about "growing out of acne"

how does one become able to eat whatever they want and not have to take supreme care of their face/body without chronic acne?

how does one shift their metabolism so all the negative acne causing foods stop going to their face as sebum/acne and start attaching to their body as fat/muscle or just be used as fuel?

total BS

Growing out of acne has to do with hormones in younger ages. No matter what you wont screw up the process long term. So diet wont affect growing out of acne.

total BS

Growing out of acne has to do with hormones in younger ages. No matter what you wont screw up the process long term. So diet wont affect growing out of acne.

maybe, but if one always eats so clean, for example just lean proteins, veggies, some healthy fats, etc.

then does their body not, in a sense, become 'weaker'? bcuz as soon as they have some junk food or sweets, they'll explode in acne bcuz there body is so used to clean, healthy food

maybe some junk food in moderation is good for acne sufferers? allows our bodies to become tolerant to it and not be so prone to breaking out? kinda like hormesis

Nah it's the opposite, not burdening the body with junk lets it repair itself. If your theory held any ground then young babies would drop dead when they ate sugar.

I've noticed that most guys who "grow out" of acne start losing their hair.

uncle buck babys are exposed to everything the mother is exposed to. Sugar , wrong omega rates , smoking etc...

I think i read once that when mothers do a lot of cocaine their babys will be less dopamine sensitive or something like that.

I notice that most guys who grow out of acne stop growing....

i noticed that most guys who grow out of acne just grow out of acne and seem to not have ever given a shit about it in the first place. Maybe there is some merit to the idea that trying to control it has a negative effect. I would have no idea how to explain it, but maybe.

Edited by Sahartar

I would have grown out of acne already had I not tried to treat it. However I didn't use a holistic approach and it probably would've helped considering my diet used to be like any other 14-15 year old's.

Nah it's the opposite, not burdening the body with junk lets it repair itself. If your theory held any ground then young babies would drop dead when they ate sugar.

I've noticed that most guys who "grow out" of acne start losing their hair.

But young babies are totally different from teenagers/20 something year olds+ with chronic acne

If you look up hormesis the definition it says "generally favorable biological response to low exposures to toxins and other stressors"

I guess I want to know we can get back to our pre acne states

you know when we were like 7 yr old, before becoming teens, when we could eat whatever we want and rarely bathe and have perfect skin

most adults are like that, sure they may be balding, they may be fat and ugly and wrinkly but at least they have zero acne and an even skin tone for the most part

i noticed that most guys who grow out of acne just grow out of acne and seem to not have ever given a shit about it in the first place. Maybe there is some merit to the idea that trying to control it has a negative effect. I would have no idea how to explain it, but maybe.

I think thats because people cant really outgrow severe acne. I think its more like severe becomes moderete/light moderete becomes light to none etc...

Acne has dietary factors of course. But teenage makes it worse. For some teenage is the only factor. They outgrow it completely. Others however can get acne without the teenage inbalances. It just gets a little less and thats it.