Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is me http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/HolyShipMan/acne.jpg Im 21 and have tried everything short of accutane. I would be willing to go on it but do not have the money for it.

First I hate it when people with perfect skin give me tips on how to clear mine.

They say stuff like"Well first thing quit eating so much junk food, soda and chocolate. Second use a mild exfoliator and don't forget the most important thing, pat your skin dry"

All I can think of is really, so the impression I give off is I have poor hygiene and poor eating habits.

While their telling me this all I'm thinking of is, I eat whole foods and haven't had a carb in 2 weeks. I clean all my cloths and pillows frequently and have better hygiene then anyone I know. Im sure patting my face dry isn't the key to clear skin.

Second I hate it when people with great skin tell me they know how I feel. No they don't. they can rub a slab of bacon on their face and look great. Their whole day isn't ruined since they saw their reflex ion. Next time they catch a chronic life destroying disease and get to watch their face be pulverized right in front of their eyes then they can tell me they know how i feel.

Third is when good looking people say" looks don't matter" Yeah, they don't matter when you look good. If they don't matter how come a girl won't give me the time of day. I called a girl out on it once and said if they don't matter why do you wear makup. She said it makes her feel good for herself...sure.

I'm just feeling down and really had to rant. :boohoo:

obviously do what you want, but i think you should try accutain. mine was like yours, only more cystic. its worth giving it a shot. didnt work for me it came back after 9 months. but you should definately give it a go as yours looks quite serious

Hey there

What treatments have you tried (even though you say you've tried everything). Your acne looks slightly similar to the way mine used to be although it was less severe. I have no idea about these things really but I had tiny bumps spreading all over my face and found out that a lot of it was actually Pityrosporum Folliculitis caused by a candida infection. You say you eat low carb though so it doesn't seem like the problem (although there is a bacterial version of it). Your case just seems similar as it seems to spread in the same areas. I don't know...I wish acne was easier to figure out. You need to keep fighting for a cure. Something tells me you'll figure it out

ya i hate that too. "stop eating so much chocolate and you won't break out" thats just people being naive. call them out for it. explain to them the real causes (biology, genetics, etc) they just don't understand. and ya people can surely give advice but they can't take it. these people (since they are so called attractive) find it easier to say that looks don't matter. i wish it was true. but its really not. looks do play a part. people judge. u will find that people who have suffered from acne, however, are able to look beyond looks. but others don't know how.

i think u should see a derm if u haven't already. get his or her advice. and in the end if u gotta take accutane, then i would go for it.

Try giving your skin a rest. You might be using too much your skin looks quite red.

I only use water and even though i still have acne my skin is less red isn't dry anymore.

A couple things in response to everyone. I wouldnt mind accutane, I simply cannot afford it and have no health coverage. Its one of the only things I havn't given a shot.

My acne is very cystic, I am currently using a regimen and believe it or not is keeping the worst of it away. The moment I stop that the cysts come.

My skin is red in combination of the bzp and the seb derm all the males in my family have. Thats why my nose looks flaky. Taking a break from everything will do nothing but make me far worse, if that even seems possible to you guys at this point.

Heres what I have done. Ill try to remember most. Lots of them are in combination and I gave them all fair time through out my 8 years of suffering to see if they work.

This is what I can think of at the moment, i know theres far more

Over the counter

pro active

clean and clear

murad

acne free normal and sever

panoxl bar

oxy pads

nuatragena

physoderm

cetaphil products

dans regimen

ahas

sulfur bars

pinetar bars

all kinds of exfoliates

hydrogen peroxide

Head and shoulders on face

ect

Natural

all kinds of vitamin. (High quality ones). Popular ones like zinc and chromium

fishoils

maca root

turmeric

olive oil

oilpulling

joboba oil

oil of oregano

B5 Megadosing

ect

Diets and cleanses(Im always eating healthy whole foods regardless, no dairy or wheat)

apple fasting

anti candida diet

low carb diet

low fat diet

Intestinal cleanses

parasite cleanse

gull flushing

stuff like that

Prescription

clycidim phosphate

doxycline

benzoil facewash

Epiduo

That and possibly hundreds of hours researching and reading stuff online. My case seems impossible to solve. The derm didn't know what to prescribe me. Gave me pretty much 1 of everything. My skin is sensitive due to the seb derm. Couldn't handle it turned purple. The doxy worked a bit but flared up my seb derm to a point that that was more damaging then the acne itself

Thats all I can remember at the moment. Virtually every product you can buy in stores and online. Kinda makes me way more depressed writing it out. I forgot how many times Ive been let down

CheyCheyenne - thanks for kind words. Ive considered the possibilty of my dermatitis having something to do with it. Thus being y none of the acne cures have worked. Before posting this I had ordered a znp bar. thats meant to kill the fungus that causes seb derm and the skin problem you were mentioning. I tried head and shoulders but you can imagine how harsh that was to me

Edited by Chris1337

Yeah for some reason I knew it seemed like some kind of yeast added in there. Those really small red marks and some of the medium/small ones that spread like wildfire all too recognizable since I've seen all that on my face without knowing the cure. That's ridiculous that you've been on the candida diet and it has done nothing. I think it has a lot to do with your acne because having yeast on your face allows for overgrowth of more bacteria. I had some nasty closed comedons for a long time all over my cheeks because of this and they just kept spreading because I mean once in awhile one of them had to pop. I'm on the candida diet right now and just one cheat will make my acne/whatever it is bad. When I eat peanut butter I'm thinking that it breaks me out but then I realize it IS bothering me and they say not to eat it for a reason. I know you've tried everything but I was on a prescription called benza-clin along with tazorac. I think the clindomycin helps control the yeast because when I stopped using it I'd get a bunch of nasty bumps on my forehead. Hope this helps...Or you could try taking oregano oil as a pill. It's an antibiotic and antifungal. I see that it says on this site that it can't be eliminated but controlled. I think you'll always have it on your skin but it's probably possible to prevent it from getting down in your pores and then there's the issue of keeping it under control.

Yeah for some reason I knew it seemed like some kind of yeast added in there. Those really small red marks and some of the medium/small ones that spread like wildfire all too recognizable since I've seen all that on my face without knowing the cure. That's ridiculous that you've been on the candida diet and it has done nothing. I think it has a lot to do with your acne because having yeast on your face allows for overgrowth of more bacteria. I had some nasty closed comedons for a long time all over my cheeks because of this and they just kept spreading because I mean once in awhile one of them had to pop. I'm on the candida diet right now and just one cheat will make my acne/whatever it is bad. When I eat peanut butter I'm thinking that it breaks me out but then I realize it IS bothering me and they say not to eat it for a reason. I know you've tried everything but I was on a prescription called benza-clin along with tazorac. I think the clindomycin helps control the yeast because when I stopped using it I'd get a bunch of nasty bumps on my forehead. Hope this helps...Or you could try taking oregano oil as a pill. It's an antibiotic and antifungal. I see that it says on this site that it can't be eliminated but controlled. I think you'll always have it on your skin but it's probably possible to prevent it from getting down in your pores and then there's the issue of keeping it under control.

Ive done oil of oregano. Saw it was the strongest natural antibiotic and it didnt help. Ive done apple fast thats supposed to kill candida, the diet, and colon cleanses. Unless it is literally only on my face I don't know how its affecting me. Im going to use the znp bar, see if that helps. It is supposed to kill fungus well.

All that I know for SURE is that sugar aggravates it. I look noticeably better ingesting no sugar or carbs. But that isn't the whole problems because I never get even close to being clear.

Pretty much just ruining my life cause I don't want to do anything fun since I will have to deal with the repercussions later. No more drinking, or going out to dinner, or pretty much anywhere that the bzp will be washed of or not applied ritualistically.

Its just a sad life when all it takes to completely ruin a great day is to accidentally catch my reflection in a car window

You can still go out to dinner! Order salmon with broccoli with a side of olive oil or something. It's possible if you still want to. Yesss I know how you feel I used to not even be able to look in the mirror at my spots on the way home. In broad daylight any reflective surface is brutally honest :(

Good luck with the Znp bar I'd like to hear about it. I've heard of this apple diet and I know it doesn't work lol. Colon cleanses are shit and mostly just psyllium which can be bad for this kind of stuff because it's too harsh on the colon. What have you been eating now? Basically just meat, eggs, veggies, and oil?

You can still go out to dinner! Order salmon with broccoli with a side of olive oil or something. It's possible if you still want to. Yesss I know how you feel I used to not even be able to look in the mirror at my spots on the way home. In broad daylight any reflective surface is brutally honest :(

Good luck with the Znp bar I'd like to hear about it. I've heard of this apple diet and I know it doesn't work lol. Colon cleanses are shit and mostly just psyllium which can be bad for this kind of stuff because it's too harsh on the colon. What have you been eating now? Basically just meat, eggs, veggies, and oil?

Yeah, I read mixed reviews about that stuff but when you have done what has worked for like 90% of people and it makes you worse then you start trying things that are less conventional in hopes that something might happen.

My diet has pretty much exactly that. Chicken, veggies, and olive and coconut oil. I normally eat some eggs in the morning with veggies, chicken for lunch and dinner. Beef sometimes if I feel like a different flavor but at this point I hardly taste the food. Just so repetitive.

Yeah, I read mixed reviews about that stuff but when you have done what has worked for like 90% of people and it makes you worse then you start trying things that are less conventional in hopes that something might happen.

My diet has pretty much exactly that. Chicken, veggies, and olive and coconut oil. I normally eat some eggs in the morning with veggies, chicken for lunch and dinner. Beef sometimes if I feel like a different flavor but at this point I hardly taste the food. Just so repetitive.

I know what you mean. Lots of times I don't even want to cook. Has this helped your acne at all? How long have you been eating like this? I find it so hard to stick with a diet like this because even if I don't care about carbs anymore I start wanting nuts which mess up my digestive tract. The only thing that really helps is oddly a huge mug of green tea a couple times a day.

I know what you mean. Lots of times I don't even want to cook. Has this helped your acne at all? How long have you been eating like this? I find it so hard to stick with a diet like this because even if I don't care about carbs anymore I start wanting nuts which mess up my digestive tract. The only thing that really helps is oddly a huge mug of green tea a couple times a day.

I drank tea with stevia for awhile. Got bored of making it. Doesnt sound like a bad idea right now though =P

Well general dieting I have been doing for over 8 months. Thats fresh meats and veggies. I was eating fruits and orange juice, tons of whole and multigrain bread.

Just recently I begun taking all carbs out of my diet just to see what happens. I know eating more sugar or bad carbs makes me break out worse. So I figured less is better mb? Its been about 2 weeks. I believe I am seeing results but dont wanna jump to conclusions. I have done that several times and it sucks horribly when you think something is working just to break out the next week. I pretty much gave up my only turn to food which was peanut butter sanwitches. That was my only quick fix. Now im just cooking 3 times a day which blows pretty bad. Just cooked a 3 meal batch of chicken, overcooked and too dry. That just makes it harder to eat :doh:

Edited by Chris1337

I drank tea with stevia for awhile. Got bored of making it. Doesnt sound like a bad idea right now though =P

Well general dieting I have been doing for over 8 months. Thats fresh meats and veggies. I was eating fruits and orange juice, tons of whole and multigrain bread.

Just recently I begun taking all carbs out of my diet just to see what happens. I know eating more sugar or bad carbs makes me break out worse. So I figured less is better mb? Its been about 2 weeks. I believe I am seeing results but dont wanna jump to conclusions. I have done that several times and it sucks horribly when you think something is working just to break out the next week. I pretty much gave up my only turn to food which was peanut butter sanwitches. That was my only quick fix. Now im just cooking 3 times a day which blows pretty bad. Just cooked a 3 meal batch of chicken, overcooked and too dry. That just makes it harder to eat :doh:

Yessss. Keep with that diet it sounds like you're having results if you've only been on it 2 weeks it probably is working just takes forever. Yeah I've been dieting since cross country ended to try and improve myself in general. I didn't realize I had candida I just thought I had really bad sugar cravings and junk but when I cut it out it was like miracles had happened on my face. I was completely clear for about one week and then it's just been mild after that. I've been a peanut butter addict for some time now and I think it activates my candida unless eaten on an empty stomach so it has been hard. I've done that with the chicken also. Most of the stuff I eat is just straight out of the fridge if it's leftover. I don't even microwave stuff anymore. It all tastes ehh most of the time just because you can't have easy access to food and everyone else is eating whatever and actually has variety. I like chicken but it gets boring especially cold.

Yessss. Keep with that diet it sounds like you're having results if you've only been on it 2 weeks it probably is working just takes forever. Yeah I've been dieting since cross country ended to try and improve myself in general. I didn't realize I had candida I just thought I had really bad sugar cravings and junk but when I cut it out it was like miracles had happened on my face. I was completely clear for about one week and then it's just been mild after that. I've been a peanut butter addict for some time now and I think it activates my candida unless eaten on an empty stomach so it has been hard. I've done that with the chicken also. Most of the stuff I eat is just straight out of the fridge if it's leftover. I don't even microwave stuff anymore. It all tastes ehh most of the time just because you can't have easy access to food and everyone else is eating whatever and actually has variety. I like chicken but it gets boring especially cold.

The thing is the candida diet I did I saw no improvement for 2 months. All that was was whole foods, fermented veggies and stuff like that. I was taking in carbs and stuff from fruit. I havnt craved sugar in forever, can almost go as far as I dont want it atall. Its not worth what happens. Well im pretty sure this diet will help along with the znp bar. I think its time for this thread to die. Ill update you in the future if it works

That is my absolute pet peeve when people give you advice on how to treat your acne. I mean, most of the time they are trying to be helpful, but it is so embarassing and aggravating. You wouldn't give an overweight person unwarrented advice on how to lose weight would you? No. Because it would be extremely inappropriate. People really need to be more aware that what they say can affect people more than just at face value.

^ i agree. i think ppl are really trying to help, but i don't think they realize how different their skin is from others. a long time ago one of my good friends at the time was like you should really see a doctor for your face. i mean, doesn't that hurt?

i just stared at her for a few seconds ... thinking about how she has no idea how defeating it is to try product after product with no success.

i really hope that you find something that will help. you have striking eyes, btw.