Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foreverdoomed

Ortha try cycline or antibiotics?

I've been on every single antibiotic on the market since 9th grade. I am currently going to 12th grade. & i've tried all the cyclines as well as clindamycin. I am currently on septra and it has DONe absolutely nothing for me throughout its 1 year use.

I was just wondering if i should get ortha try cyclen and if it truly is better than septra or other antibiotics for persistent acne that gets incredibly worse during periods?

Thank you

You really shouldn't take antibiotics for too long....which it seems you already have...because you body becomes immune to them and it kills the good bacteria too....bcp might help but they might not, I don't wanna say never hurts to try because sometimes it gets worse, but you won't know unless you try. I would stop taking antibiotics, take some probiotics and maybe try something like primrose oil or saw palmetto since those help with hormones and if that doesn't help then I would try the bcp.