Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Shannon*

Hydrogen Peroxide & TCA Complex

I just did my first Perfect Complexion TCA Complex peel tonight, and I was wondering if it would be ok to use Hydrogen Peroxide to speed up the peeling process? In the past thats what my derm told me to do after the peels I got done her office....

Thanks!

Shannon

I agree. Your derm recommended Hydrogen peroxide?? :blink: That stuff shouldn't be used on the face imo. Even as a catalyst.

It's not easy to get the peel to speed up, as mostly it usually takes a set amount of time. Once your skin starts to get into that crusting/peeling phase, then you can get working.

Steaming, papaya soap/mask, micro crystals, hot showers.

I wouldn't use hydrogen peroxide. Let it peel on its own and don't pick at it. I've done many TCA Complex peels, and the peeling usually starts by the third or fourth day.

hydrogen peroxide is a definitive no-no as it delays healing indefinately! bad news

do you start to peel 3 days after you apply the complex?

Can i apply copper peptides right after i apply the TCA or would it stop the process? What if i don't peel?? Should i apply it again?

Thanks

sorry for highjack!

I usually start peeling after three or four days. I apply copper peptides starting the day after I apply the acid.

Don't apply more acid until all the dead skin has peeled off and all the pinkness has faded (10 days to two weeks minimum).

Don't worry. You'll peel. :-)