Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dancer15

quick ways to get rid of post mark redness?

I'm not talking about serious scars, I know that those take months to heal. What I do want to know about are those stubborn red marks that are left after a more serious pimple/cysts.

Does anyone know of any miracle products or methods that will speed up healing?

I think everybody that posts on this board is looking and hoping for a quick fix--there are tons of threads here about different methods people have used to help speed up the fading process (I posted a lot in this one)--but the only thing that will fade the marks completely is time.

there is actually a very good way that i use for healing post-redness that really works for me. after popping the whitehead/pimple with a clean tissue covered over my fingers, making sure not to spread the pus anywhere else on my face, i then use a clean Qtip and dab Betadine antiseptic (don't use alcohol, it is too drying). then i use another clean Qtip dabbed in a mixture of organic apple cider vinegar that i premixed with ~2 tbsp of matcha (green tea powder) and stored in a dark glass container. i gently wick off the excess using another clean dry Qtip. then i use another clean Qtip and dab 100% pure pearl powder over top of the acne. the acne peels within a day or so, and the redness seems to die down MUCH quicker and the scar becomes much less visible after a few days. hope this helps.

also, i get the 100% pure pearl powder off Ebay. i get the organic Apple Cider Vinegar from whole foods grocery but i think you can get it anywhere, it's the one that's called "Mom's" or has a pic of a lady on it. the matcha green tea powder i order online, but make sure it's organic (no pesticides, heavy metals, etc). the betadine you can just get at any drugstore.

there is actually a very good way that i use for healing post-redness that really works for me. after popping the whitehead/pimple with a clean tissue covered over my fingers, making sure not to spread the pus anywhere else on my face, i then use a clean Qtip and dab Betadine antiseptic (don't use alcohol, it is too drying). then i use another clean Qtip dabbed in a mixture of organic apple cider vinegar that i premixed with ~2 tbsp of matcha (green tea powder) and stored in a dark glass container. i gently wick off the excess using another clean dry Qtip. then i use another clean Qtip and dab 100% pure pearl powder over top of the acne. the acne peels within a day or so, and the redness seems to die down MUCH quicker and the scar becomes much less visible after a few days. hope this helps.

also, i get the 100% pure pearl powder off Ebay. i get the organic Apple Cider Vinegar from whole foods grocery but i think you can get it anywhere, it's the one that's called "Mom's" or has a pic of a lady on it. the matcha green tea powder i order online, but make sure it's organic (no pesticides, heavy metals, etc). the betadine you can just get at any drugstore.

this sounds like a very complicated process! I do appreciate your help though. I don't have any "active" pimples though. Just redness. I have noticed that where the skin is red it is also very dry. I have been moisturizing like crazy! This has helped me a lot. But I will definitely keep your method at hand the next time a pimple does come up.