Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40 oz 2 Freedom

New to this board,couple of Qs :D

Im new to this message board,and so far it is great,its good that i can read about experiences from other users,and i hope i can help other people as well as I hope they can help me.

ok,i have had acne for about 3 and a half years(at one time severe,now moderate),long story short,i went to the derm in june and he did nothing for me,he wanted to try things out,and i had 3 months of vacation to treat it,i went to my family doctor,and she prescribed doxycycline,retin-a,and clindamycin,i started monday June 21st,its going to be 6 weeks on monday.I have seen an improvement since i started the medications,but i want to know if anyone has had similar or same experiences with this kind of medication and if it has helped?

I have noticed a couple of new blemishes,a little redness,on my face,and im going into my 6th week,to tell you the truth i feel a little disencouraged,but I know it takes time,and my doctor said that it would be about 6 months until my face is as clear as it is under my eyes,I would complete full 6 months in Decemeber.any advice?thanks in advance :smile:

Well, patience is the key to improvement. It can take up to a year for you to have perfectly clear skin, in you follow whatever regimen to get clear, to a T. I've tried Minocycline, it worked and cleared me up, but as soon as I finished the course, the acne came back. It was only a defer of the acne over the course of medication. Anyway, I still continued to break out until I found this site. I tried the Regimen, it's working really well, I'm practically clear, just have the acne marks and scars from previous breakouts, which will clear over time.

That's my story. Everyone has a different story, but if you believe this is working for you, stick to it. It's only been just over a month that you've been on this acne medication, so don't give up just yet. Just try to be patient, and hold onto the hope that you'll have clear skin.

Guest Tracy

I was on doxy, Retin A and clindamycin and none helped my skin at all....then again, my situation was mostly cystic acne and I needed Accutane to get rid of it.

What type of acne do you have?

thank you liv for your advice.well i have moderate acne,but at times when i breakout i would say moderately-severe,i did have severe acne when it started,now its gotten alot better,the derm told me that my acne wasnt too bad to start accutane,in a way im glad i didnt.The doxy,clinda,and retin have helped alot,but i dont understand 2 weeks ago my skin was looking great,i would say it went down to mild-moderate,and now 2 weeks later i had a breakout,while on meds,i mean i guess its normal cause i still have it,and i cant expect it to go away in 7 weeks.I try to tell myself its going to clear up,and sometimes i do,but at times i get frustrated again.I have hope that this will clear me up,i just have to wait and see,ithank you guys for your advice,and I hope your acne clears up soon.