Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i need recommendations for a good sun screen that doesnt have harmful chemicals. normally i just use the generic cvs stuff but it has parabens which i understand are bad. what other ingredients should i look out for?

any that i could find at a drugstore or target?

Available in drugstores:

Olay Complete All Day Sensitive SPF 15 Sensitive Classic Gentle Formula

Eucerin Sensitive Skin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30

Available at Whole Foods and specialty stores:

Badger SPF 30 For Face & Body Completely natural, very short ingredient list. No chemical sunscreens (micronized zinc oxide only).

Have a look at the cosmetics database website. It lists just about every imaginable ingredient and a lot of products. If you find a product listed as safe there, you can be sure that it's safe. Make sure to read and interpret the ingedients properly, for even products containing ingredients that are marked "not safe", can be perfectly safe. It depends on how far up on the declaration label that specific ingredient is: the higher on the declaration label, the more of it is in that product. http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/browse.ph...skin+care+(sun)

i've heard the badger is supposed to be good, seems expensive though. how much does it sell for at WF?

thanks for that link AKL....i was actually looking for that site

lakme beauty product are 100% oil-free formulation that protects normal skin from 70% of skin problems. Specially formulated for Indian skin that tans easily, new Lakme Sun Expert has SPF 15 to prevent tanning and block out harmful effective rays.

Edited by ereperez