Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beautiful__underneath

Advice on treatment please

After 11 years of acne, this is what is left. A lot of red marks, some deeper scars(need help identifying), and large pores. How to I treat my scars?? I am getting married next spring and I want to have nice skin. I want to be a beautiful bride and be able to look back on the pictures and think about what a wonderful day it was...not how ugly my skin looked. Please give me some advice. Do you think it's possible to get my skin looking good by next spring, and how to I go about it on a tight budget (I am basically broke...I would have to ask family for any large amount of money which I would prefer not to do). Please help.

post-87493-1280430998_thumb.jpg

post-87493-1280431392_thumb.jpg

post-87493-1280430998_thumb.jpg

post-87493-1280431392_thumb.jpg

have you tried retin A cream? your scars are minor and its mostly just the red inflammation/hyperpigmentation. I'm sure retin A cream will help a lot and will get you back to your normal skin within 3-4 months

have you tried retin A cream? your scars are minor and its mostly just the red inflammation/hyperpigmentation. I'm sure retin A cream will help a lot and will get you back to your normal skin within 3-4 months

Where do I get it....is there a difference in which kind/brand I use?

Edited by Beautiful__underneath

Retin-A would probably have your skin looking fabulous by your wedding. You might get the initial breakout but it is what it is. I love argan oil for smoothing and reducing my red marks and scars. If you can find a dermatologist who takes just a copay for laser treatments that would be awesome. I get IPL and it's wonderful. Either way, you have beauuuuutiful skin! I hope it gets better by your wedding, airbrushed makeup for the day would probably be a good idea. :)

I think you are getting good advice with the Retin-a, but you don't want to bother with the over the counter stuff. You don't seem to have much in the way of scars so consider yourself lucky after 11 years of acne. I think laser might be overkill for you, but the dermaroller might help, especially with the retin-a

You might try azelex aka skinoren. You can order it from Australia or New Zealand without a prescription. Your skin seems fair and if it is anything like mine, Retin A will turn you beet red. Azelex helps fade red marks and cell turnover.

Congrats on the wedding. You know, even if your wedding was today, you would still be a beautiful bride.

You might try azelex aka skinoren. You can order it from Australia or New Zealand without a prescription. Your skin seems fair and if it is anything like mine, Retin A will turn you beet red. Azelex helps fade red marks and cell turnover.

Congrats on the wedding. You know, even if your wedding was today, you would still be a beautiful bride.

Agreed with last sentence!

Also if you can't afford the doctor and retin-a right now you can try OTC retinol products. ROC has good retinol products. It won't be the same but it's still a good option.

Agreed with last sentence!

Thanks! :]

Also if you can't afford the doctor and retin-a right now you can try OTC retinol products. ROC has good retinol products. It won't be the same but it's still a good option.

Yeah that could work since I doubt I'll be able to see a doc right now.