Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ob:ey

Products to use while on Accutane?

Hello Acne.org members,

I'm two days into my course of Accutane and I'm wondering if anyone has any products they would recommend I use to fight the side effects caused by Accutane such as moisturizers, lip balms or other miscellaneous products.

If there happens to already be a thread about this I would really appreciate being linked to it.

Thanks

Hi Ob:ey!! :wavey:

I am taking Glucosamine (500mg) to help prevent Accutane induced joint pain as well as Vitamin E (400iu). For dryness I am drinking 2.5-3L of water per day as well as moisturizing with St Ives lotion with Vitamin E after I shower (make sure your skin is still slightly damp when applying lotion). For my lips I am using the infamous Aquaphor. To cleanse my face I use Cetaphil, and then I follow with Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream with SPF 15.

I have yet to need nose ointment, but when I do I'll try putting some Aquaphor on a Q-Tip and gently putting that inside my nose (I read on someone's log that that's effective). I use Visine for my eye drops too.

Best of luck with your course!!

Edited by Angela1985

Hello Angela,

Thanks for the quick reply. All those recommendations sound excellent. I actually have been using the same Cetaphil cleanser/moisturizer for quite sometime so I guess I'll keep those two at hand while on my course.

I've never heard of Aquaphor but I'll definitely have to check that product out!

If you don't mind me asking how far along in your course are you?

Thanks

Any thing cetaphil does the job . Although if youre outside alot get a lotion with SPF as well.

Aquaphor for lips works great , but also get some chapstick or blistex with SPF.

Of course as Angela said, drink your water ! :)

Good luck!

Welcome! I use Sanitas Sensitive Skin Cleanser, Cetaphil SPF 15 during the day, Softlips & Burt's Bees.