Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deeQone

Isotrex + Moisturiser

Is it essential to use a moisturiser after topical trentinoin?

I was warned by my GP that it will dry out my skin thus requiring some sort of moisturiser, however i really didnt need it. The first few days after use i had slightly dry area around my lipline, but nothing to stress over. Now i barely even get the tingle when i apply it, im almost immune to the fumes that used to sting my eyes when i apply to my upper cheak area :confused:

Edited by deeQone

i use isotrex for over 4 months now and i only use it every night so i don't have to worry about dryness and in daytime i use jojoba oil to moisturize when i am just in my house and olay complete care for sensitive skin spf 15 when i'm going out.

i use isotrex for over 4 months now and i only use it every night so i don't have to worry about dryness and in daytime i use jojoba oil to moisturize when i am just in my house and olay complete care for sensitive skin spf 15 when i'm going out.

hmmm, maybe i should start using a daytime moisturiser.

How is your acne at the 4 month mark? Also, did you breakout chronicly when you first started?

i start seeing results in about 6-8 weeks and in 4 months mark i am 97% clear (not 100% because of terrible scars.)

at start i broke out badly but i expected that so i went back to my derm and got a prescription of lymecycline for 3 months (i just finish last month).

Edited by Mr. Scar

ahhh ok, ive got 2 months worth of Doxycycline which i just started again, and im at the 4 week point with Isotrex. Ive just broken out again (not as badly as week 2), hope to be somewhat better in 6 weeks.

best of luck m8.