Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdog1

started regime yday, skin itches

started the regime yday and woke up this morning, and mainly from my jaw line and down my skin itches like hell. is there anything i can do to stop this itching, and also when applying the benzoyl peroxide how low down the jaw line/neck are u meant to go??

thanks

It's probably just your skin getting used to the Benzoyl Peroxide, it should stop once your used to it. Take a look at this, it shows you how to wash properly with the regimen :)http://www.acne.org/video.html Make sure you watch the whole video...

sometimes i get spots under my chin, shud i apply BP to that area or not. the video dosent apply BP to under the chin...

how long does that itching/redness of skin last????

does it depend on skin sensitivity?

It definitely does. It also depends on what cleanser/moisturizer you use.

I'm just beginning week 2, and at first I was using a Clean & Clear Acne cleanser with Olay moisturizer. My skin was red, dried out and incredibly itchy.

When I switched to Dan's recommended Cetaphil Cleanser and Moisturizing Cream (which is super-duper thick and moisturizing) my skin stopped itching.

I can't say for sure whether it was just my skin getting used to the BP or the products that made a difference, but I'm pretty sure the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream made a big difference.