Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mooboo119

total fx video blog

hello,

so i found this brave, sweet 20y/o girl that had total fx co2 laser done for acne scarring.

This is the FIRST before/after acne scar with co2 laser treatment blog i have ever seen on youtube, which is great. I'm sure her experience will help us. enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanielleOsti#p/u/7/KeIPBPlY3L0

( her video blogs show day 1-10 on her pre/post treatment)

Edited by chee6119

Nice to watch! She looked alot better on day 10 but.. I was still swollen on day 10 even if I didnt see it. Did she up a video post these 10 days somewhere?

Edited by Ziko

nope. i dont think so. yeah, my bet is that she's still swollen from day 10. it usually takes 4 weeks to get REAL results. but i'm assuming she has some real results.

her day 10 results seems to be REALLY good, for a one time laser procedure. looks like 50% improvement

i personally dont believe in lasers though, but i hope i'm wrong.

Edited by chee6119

Chee, Great Post! :clap: Pretty Girl. I have to say that my swelling and redness was much worse than hers. By day 2 I looked like I had gained 100 lbs overnight. I hope she keeps this blog going. You don't realize actual results until about 3 months

I just watched all her vids - what a stunner :wub:

Really good post, really informative and also what a great example of when a great personality and nature shine through - I didnt even notice her scarring.

Chee, Great Post! :clap: Pretty Girl. I have to say that my swelling and redness was much worse than hers. By day 2 I looked like I had gained 100 lbs overnight. I hope she keeps this blog going. You don't realize actual results until about 3 months

With repair my face looked like it had been stung by 100 bees untill day 3. I am now 4 wks post op and I think most of the swelling is down. I would say right now the depth of scarring looks to be about 25% better. I am hoping for more changes. I still have track marks where he did more passes because of deeper scarring.

With or without scars she is a very pretty girl....

yeah... very attractive girl, with or without scars :wub:

maybe if we all write to her (on youtube) and ask her politely how her results are coming along, she may be helpful enough to answer our questions.

Edited by chee6119

Kat, I would estimate about 30% off my first Re:pair, but it was done at peak settings. Danielle will probably need at least 3 lasers for optimum improvement, especially on her left cheek. I just posted a note to her on YouTube asking her to drop by.

Chee

It was hard for me to tell but did she have rolling scars or ice-pick/boxcar?

She said she saw a 50% improvement which sounds really great. Gosh, I really hope those results last for her. It didnt seem like her scars were that deep but again it was hard for me to tell.

yeah, her scars were rolling,boxcar and linear scars. i think the left side was pretty deep, but the right side had more and were more shallow.

hmmm, from what most of the people who have had co2 laser treatment says - REAL results are in 2 months or so. So my guess is that she still has a bit of microswelling.

Everything that I posted on YouTube was deleted(I think because I linked to this site). I emailed Danielle directly and told her we would like to hear from her.

Wow guys Thank you for all of your kind words! They mean a lot to me! :D I read my youtube messages so here I am! Thanks for letting me know about this forum! I am totally up for answering any questions you guys have so please ask away!

hi danielle! : D

how's the improvement coming along?

welcome to acne.org btw, you'll learn a lot from here, i promise.

Edited by chee6119

Wow guys Thank you for all of your kind words! They mean a lot to me! :D I read my youtube messages so here I am! Thanks for letting me know about this forum! I am totally up for answering any questions you guys have so please ask away!

Welcome aboard Danielle! I am the guy that emailed you. I hope you enjoy this site. There is a lot of information here. I couldn't use any of my usual names on YouTube so I selected The 4th Level from Dantes Inferno. You posted some great videos. If you get a chance take a loook at http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Laser-Lin...ma-t252527.html

Edited by DudleyDoRight

Doesn't really look like she had a TotalFX (DeepFX) treatment on that day 1 video. All pics I've seen have been tomato red.

Hey Danielle.. i have also been folllowing u and am very thankful that you have been uploading those vids..Im sure there very helpful for everyone!! anyways i am in the same situation as you and i was wondering how much improvement uve got from just 1 treatment and how many more treatments u are planning to get?? and how long has been since the day of ur 1st treatment?..thnx :rolleyes:

Danielle,

Are you the cutest? :wub:

Welcome Danielle!

I commented on your YouTube video as well. We're glad to have you here. Did you have Total FX (Deep & Active) or just the Deep FX? I sure hope you're seeing the improvements you desire!

Benni, she has not posted anything in a while. Results from the initial ablative fractionalized Co2 laser are seldom astonishing, and she may be a little dissappointed at this point. What kept me going was 2 non-acne scars that showed dramatic improvement. That and advice from the doctors on RealSelf including Dr Persky who were the first to advise that multiple Re:pairs would be necessary for acne scars. Everyone else was preaching the "one and done" thing. My biggest improvement was between the 1st and 2nd Re:pair.

Benni, she has not posted anything in a while. Results from the initial ablative fractionalized Co2 laser are seldom astonishing, and she may be a little dissappointed at this point. What kept me going was 2 non-acne scars that showed dramatic improvement. That and advice from the doctors on RealSelf including Dr Persky who were the first to advise that multiple Re:pairs would be necessary for acne scars. Everyone else was preaching the "one and done" thing. My biggest improvement was between the 1st and 2nd Re:pair.

such a shame, she seems like such a sweet girl too. well we will still be here when she is ready to talk. dudley, ive read quite a few of your posts on realself.com too.

i know you keep saying you saw around 30% improvement after each treatment. whilst a great indication, would you say certain scars filled in more than others are each treatment and the 30% is more of an average OR you saw 30% improvement with each and every scar?

Mr_Sunsnine, it is so difficult to remember individual scars except for those 2 non-acne cars that are invisible unless I really strain and get the light just right. The 30% is a general improvement. I have tried to take pictures, but nothing seemed to show the extent of the scars so I abandoned that effort. My physical improvement is probably at 60-70 but the mental improvement is at about 80-90% improved. I doubt that 100% is achieveable with Re:pair, and my 4th laser will probably be my last, but this has been the best money I ever spent on scars. The progress is slow, expensive and a bit messy, but I have no question that I woud do it all again.