Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obber

Regimen Log (Start July 2010)

Just starting the regimen. My first tube of acne.org treatment came in today.

** EDIT: My full photolog following all of my recorded photos can be found at http://www.kadachi1023.imgur.com

Sex: Male

Ethnicity: Asian / Japanese

Facial Acne and a little under my chin, but no back or anywhere else.

Regimen:

(I plan to switch to all acne.org 3-step kit as they get shipped in shortly, but in the meantime...)

Cleanser: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser

BP: Acne.org treatment gel

Moisturizer: Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer

(I think the Moisturizer is a little too thick for my taste, but I'm just following the approved drugs list, just for the sake of following the regimen as accurately as I can.)

Background:

I have had mild to moderate acne for about a year and a half. Before that was a few pimples here and there occasionally. It started lightly when I was about 15.

I always thought it was just a minor flaw in my skin, but my opinion definitely changed as my acne worsened when I was 16 and a half. My breakouts were not severe, but definitely mild / moderate (I have a hard time distinguishing between the two accurately).

After a year of trying several products and being disappointed very many times, I came across one cleanser that really seemed to do a good job at keeping my acne at a all time low in about a year for a few months. (Liquid Neutrogena: Much to my surprise after a bit of research I discovered all of the cleansers I have been using EXCEPT for the liquid neutrogena contained SALICYLIC ACID in it. Therefore, I am not a big fan of SALICYLIC ACID. I will stick to the non-salicylic acid cleansers from now on.

I did use proactiv for a short term, about 3 months. That didn't work out so greatly either. In fact it probably got worse. I read that it gets worse for people for about a month or two, so I tried the 3rd but it didn't help either. Coming across acne.org, I think the benzoyl peroxide was the right direction, but definitely not the alcohol toner (correct me if I'm wrong, maybe it doesn't contain alcohol, but it certainly felt like it) It stripped my skin of all the natural moisture and it occasionally hurt! I think I was upsetting my skin very frequently with this product as well.

But all of this, really doesn't matter. After discovering acne.org, I also discovered that how I apply the cleansers were wrong! So it really didn't matter what, I was upsetting my skin by scrubbin' too hard.

Anyways, I'm here with a gentler approach as Dan really likes to emphasize. I will follow this regimen religiously. I am truly fortunate to have my acne not be a severe case (cystic), but it still is an annoyance none the less especially because how frequent and how it's all over my face, not just one area.

I will try to update weekly or every half week.. or even more if I really feel like obsessing about this process! (Which I have been)

Attached is my skin, as well as links in case the attachment doesn't work:

Right side [http://i.imgur.com/QBcoJ.jpg]

Left side [http://i.imgur.com/kORuX.jpg]

post-134508-1280385238_thumb.jpg

post-134508-1280385281_thumb.jpg

post-134508-1280385238_thumb.jpg

post-134508-1280385281_thumb.jpg

Edited by KAdachi1023

Thanks Niamh!

Day 3:

I haven't really seen too much yet. I do think my skin has gotten a little bit better. the behavior of the acne has definitely changed, probably due to direct exposure to BP which I didn't have before. But in terms of # of active pimples and such, not really a huge difference. I'm sure the Regimen is suppose to work over time so I'm not discouraged at all, in fact still very optimistic and looking forward to things. I'll upload pictures in a few days for an update. I have no peeling or flakiness at all. Not irritated but occasionally itchy with the BP. Maybe because I've used proactiv before so my skin is already tolerant to BP.

Edited by KAdachi1023

Day 4

So I have exactly no idea if people actually read my log or not, but I guess they do offer up the forum space just to keep a personal log so I'm going to keep going with this. If I inform any of you reading my log with something, then I'd be delighted.

Anyways.

I feel as though the regimen is not doing much. but I'm sure there are SO MANY of the regimen users that started out this way. I don't feel much improvement, the 4 days on the regimen feels no different than how my face was a few days ago in terms of how my face looks.

But I'm not discouraged, I'll keep going at it!

I'm getting much better at not picking at my face with some of the habit reversal techniques I've read on acne.org. If any of you are having trouble, find that habit reversal page and try it out. It really works if you take it seriously!

So here are some update pics. I figure it was unnecessary for me to post day 2 and 3 pics because there really is no dramatic change. few pimples gone, few new pimples somewhere else and such.

Day 4 pics see photolog: http://www.kadachi1023.imgur.com

Edited by KAdachi1023

Day 7

As of last night (Day 6 PM) I received my Acne.org moisturizer and Acne.org cleanser so I will be using those instead of the cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer.

However, I must say the cetaphil moisturizer does a better job of moisturizing (although it is very thick) and the cetaphil cleanser seems to not dry out my skin as much as the acne.org cleanser, I will give both products an honest shot for several weeks before I decided anything about the 2 products.

My first week on the regimen is finally coming to an end and I feel as though things have gotten tougher in one week. But keeping in mind the regimen is not just a one-week-fix-it-all, I plan to keep going forward and looking for the best.

Day 7 pics see photolog: http://www.kadachi1023.imgur.com

(Btw, the gilette sensor excel really is a gentle shave that avoids irritation like dan says.)

Edited by KAdachi1023

Thanks MysteriousMe! I most definitely keep planning to update this log (:

Just a side note:

*this is not an update but rather just some more information.

so I would now categorize myself as moderately severe, not mild to moderate because of the few cystic inflamed regions I have had before. Although I don't particularly notice one now, I believe I do have cysts occasionally.

Also, I decided to use imgur.com as my image hosting because Acne.org message boards only allow for a few megabytes of attachment storage on a single topic. so you can follow my photolog at KAdachi1023.imgur.com

I'll delete the older files and I'll attach the new photos as attachments. but everything will be archived in the photolog!

I hope I am of help and my log is informative to those who read my log. (:

Good luck to everyone! Take care.

Week 2 Day 3 (Day 10)

I feel like my acne just got a lot worse as of a day or two ago. I don't know if I should call it a break out because I've ALWAYS had consistent acne and haven't had a moment where there weren't any active pimples for at least a few months.

But I'll keep stickin' to the regimen as I'm sure things will get better! (:

If you look carefully, my skin actually now looks like it's producing a severe-er type of acne than before.. or maybe I'm overreacting. if anyone has an idea as to why my skin is producing bigger inflamed regions than before I started the regimen, let me know!

Attached is some pictures, you can also view the full photolog @ http://kadachi1023.imgur.com/acneorg_regimen__photo_log

Edited by KAdachi1023

Week 3 Day 5

So I haven't been as consistent on updating as I was and I am not very happy with the purging phase. My skin has yet to show improvement since I started the regimen and I've been psychologically very affected by this stupid problem. I have a girlfriend who I think cares about me but doesn't understand me because she has very very mild acne. like... one tiny pimple, once a month. I'm jealous! but anyways, the good news is she doesn't care about my acne. Her constant encouragement for me to stop thinking about it has helped me get my mind off it for a little bit, hence the less frequent updates now. I like it this way I guess because it helps me just forget about it till the time I wash my face. I notice I'm picking less this way too! (:

I'm just waiting for the purge to be over. my skin is a little bit worse than the pictures you see from Week 2, but not significantly different. but really no improvement so that's that.

It might not simply just be a "purge" it could be from the sun expore I got in week 1 and such so who knows. I'm now at the full BP amount and apply a generous amount of moisturizer and jojoba to keep the flakiness pretty controlled.

See you all when my skin is clearER >:]

Sorry no pictures.. I'm not exactly encouraged to think about my skin right now. sorry!

Edited by KAdachi1023

Week 4 Day 6

Acne is slowly clearing up... I don't really nasty big regions anymore. a pustule at best. at least the ones that come to a head.

However, I have several that are just lingering under the skin and fairly large in size. maybe even a cyst, but it's completely under the skin and the skin on the outside feels perfectly fine... cept for that bump that's there due to the acne. It just isn't coming to a head. haha x.x oh well. But all of these are slowly going away. yay.

Still getting minor breakouts daily. few new white heads everyday.. frustrating!

I'll post pictures on my next update.. I hope (:

Week 8 Day 2!

Oh my gosh. It's been a while since my last update.

haha I took some photos, I think you will be pretty impressed!

I do not regret sticking with the regimen.

Problem is I still have what seems to be really bad acne from a certain distance and a certain lighting.

All the bumps are gone, but the dryness is still there. I usually need an extra application of moisturizer in the middle of the day so my skin doesn't get too flaky and starts to itch.

My face is still moderately red. I wish this would go away. but I will keep up with the regimen at least until I am clear of active acne!

post-134508-1285378447_thumb.jpg

post-134508-1285378467_thumb.jpg

post-134508-1285378447_thumb.jpg

post-134508-1285378467_thumb.jpg

Edited by KAdachi1023

Week 8 Day 2!

Oh my gosh. It's been a while since my last update.

haha I took some photos, I think you will be pretty impressed!

I do not regret sticking with the regimen.

Problem is I still have what seems to be really bad acne from a certain distance and a certain lighting.

All the bumps are gone, but the dryness is still there. I usually need an extra application of moisturizer in the middle of the day so my skin doesn't get too flaky and starts to itch.

My face is still moderately red. I wish this would go away. but I will keep up with the regimen at least until I am clear of active acne!

WOW!!! That's amazing! You're skin looks soooo good now!!! Keep up the good work, the regimen obviously worked wonders on you!!! ;) Congrats!!

x

Thanks FTWeekend!

Good luck to you with your battle against your own acne!

I'm sure we will pull through together (:

I really dislike the redness and the dryness, but for how my skin is looking now, it's definitely an exchange I was and still am willing to make. Now I really want to calm down my skin. maybe the new moisturizer will help.. I'll stock up on those as soon as my last bottle of moisturizer runs out (:

Edited by KAdachi1023

Yes, another while since my last update!

But you know I got a little sad I haven't been obsessing over my skin lately. I think maybe I started taking it for granted, although I still have one active pimple on my right cheek. It used to be much worse and now I feel great about myself. I really owe acne.org and Dan a BIG HUGE THANK YOU for sharing their discoveries. It really is magic-at least at fighting acne. Trust me, I had LOTS AND LOTS of problems before going into the regimen and even during the first two months it was REALLY discouraging. but now it's starting to work out very well (:

But I'm still having redness problems, it's very persistent and annoying. But hey, totally worth clearing up my skin for sure.

I actually found a way to combat dryness very effectively.

I used the acne.org moisturizer and jojoba oil as I did before but I discovered that simply wasn't enough. So every morning I apply the jojoba and acne.org moisturizer and let it sink into my skin. Then I apply a thin layer of (maybe half a pump?) of cetaphil moisturizer on top of it and let that absorb. my skin looks pretty oily for the rest of the morning but it sure feels great because I don't have dry skin and flakes bugging me all day. I got over how oily my face looks in the mornings. hahaha I guess it's worth it.

Unfortunately, there really isn't an easy alternative! I at least haven't found one.

BUT nonetheless, BP works wonderfully. Here is pictures of my skin OFFICIALLY AT 17 WEEKS! (About 4 months or so)

View the full album: http://kadachi1023.imgur.com/acneorg_regimen__photo_log

post-134508-1290584410_thumb.jpg

post-134508-1290584421_thumb.jpg

post-134508-1290584410_thumb.jpg

post-134508-1290584421_thumb.jpg

Edited by KAdachi1023