Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hotglue01

DKR after 11 weeks, before and after

OK, I am very anti-"posting pics of yourself on message boards" and worried that I'm jinxing the hell out of myself, but for the sake of motivating others I am posting my results on DKR after 11 weeks.

My apologies in advance for having taken the pics with my webcam, but as I surely know by now it actually does a wonderful job of picking up my flaws...

The first two photos were taken around my 8th or 9th day on the Regimen. I was going through the initial breakout, but other than the size of the zits on my chin the breakout wasn't that unusual; I was breaking out pretty regularly on my chin anyway, maybe two zits every 3 days. My left jawline, as you can see in the first pic, was also really struggling, but didn't really experience an IB. It was like that or worse for months and months. :(

BUT look now!! These pics are taken today, and with no makeup (but with some moisturizer I had just put on my face, hence the shine). The one emo-looking pic was taken to show the improvement on that area of my face. I am so happy.

I still have red marks, but as you can see (or can't see!) they are so faded that I don't think they're really that noticeable at all to anyone.

The last pic is ABOUT how I feel about my new skin. : )

PS: I keep a very detailed blog and have been for the past month and a half about my DKR progress. Check it out!

post-124719-1280382900_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280382977_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280383072_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280383098_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280383367_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280383385_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280382900_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280382977_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280383072_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280383098_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280383367_thumb.jpg

post-124719-1280383385_thumb.jpg

Edited by hotglue01

Your skin looks incredible :D Congrats! Can I ask you one thing though? How long did it take for your skin to have a normal, non-dry texture? That's the one and only thing I hate about the DKR!

Brilliant!!! I am so happy for you and your success

Thank you all so much!!

Niamh414, I am still battling bouts of dryness. It's mainly localized on my chin, but this week my forehead was dry (grr). Anyway, it comes and goes in waves, and I think it's because our skin is extra sensitive on the Regimen. Last weekend I sweat A LOT and I think that irritated my skin, so this week I had to cut back on the BP a little bit (but am now working my way back up). I also use AHA and jojoba, which have really helped with the flakes. On my reallllllly dry days, I use this petroleum-like product that my derm here in Japan gives me... sorry, I don't know the name of it.

kamran, I got my big breakout back in February, and started DKR on the second week of May or so, and I am one of those lucky caucasians that definitely DOES suffer from PIH. These marks are 5-6 months old, which has been a real mind-trip (especially since this has never happened to me before). My skin definitely did NOT just clear up with no marks and end it there; even after starting DKR I was still breaking out regularly 6 weeks in with each one leaving a present behind. I wouldn't say that I've been "lucky" at all! That being said, there were many, many times this spring and early summer when I was upset about my red marks and zits, but I think AHA and keeping hydrated has helped them a little. Realize that other people probably won't notice them nearly as much as you, and understand that that's the truth.

Thank you all, and good luck!! It's been a long journey and I'm still not FULLY there yet but really, thank you and stick with whatever regimen you're on (hopefully DKR). And no, I definitely don't plan on going off the Regimen anytime soon. Yay!

\(^o^)/

Edited by hotglue01

Wow, you look fantastic! Your skin is absolutely glowing in the AFTER pics. And I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous...I didn't take BEFORE pictures to show off. Before starting the regimen, my acne was sooo much worse than yours was. But anywho, congrats on the clear skin! It can only get better from here on out :D

Edited by Kat Kerfuffle

Thank you all, really! :wub:

Kat: Well, your absolutely flawless and dewy skin is testament enough to how well DKR works. Thanks for the always encouraging words, and for your concern-- so yes, I AM bumping up the BP every day now that dryness is subsiding. <3

For those curious, this is my exact regimen:

Morning:

-Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

(wait until face dries)

-1.5 pumps of Dan's BP

(wait until BP is dry)

-Cetaphil SPF 15 (w/ avobenzene; it doesn't break me out) mixed with Acnes SPF 50 sunscreen (it's a Japanese brand... dunno anything about it, other than it doesn't break me out) and 4-6 drops Dan's jojoba oil

-Covergirl Advanced Radiance Liquid Foundation (I SWEAR by this stuff, use it mainly as a concealer though, never do a full face of makeup anymore!)

-Wet n' Wild Bronzer or MAC blush (depends on if I want to be a sun goddess or a ski bunny... haha)

-Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Very Black

-OCCASIONALLY, Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder (not really in the summer though)

Night:

-Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

(wait until face dries)

-1.5 pumps of Dan's BP

(wait until BP is dry)

-One finger's length of Dan's AHA mixed with 6 drops of Dan's jojoba

-On the REALLY dry days, I put on either my daytime Cetaphil SPF 15 OR this petroleum-like gel from my derm here. I WISH I could tell you what it was or that it was available outside of Japan, but alas... it does work really well though.

2-3 times a week:

-Saunas, hot mineral baths

Edited by hotglue01

I'm still so jealous hahaha. I wish I could use Dan's AHA more often. Everytime I have tried using it, it literally makes my skin glow...it's amazing. However, it also makes me breakout with a pimple or two..which seems to go away when I stop using the AHA for a week or so. Maybe I'll try it again another time. I'm using it as a spot treatment right now and it works pretty good as one...which is why I don't understand why I can't use it as a full-face moisturizer every other night. Oh well. Anyway, again congrats on the skin!