Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Hi all.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am a 32 yr old African-Asian American. I have suffered from acne all my life. I get body and facial acne that the only time it went away was when I had health insurance and my dermatologist put me on Retin-A, Finacea, and a hydroquinoon blend. My back acne left me with ugly dark spots, that did fade with the cocktail I was on...but now that I am off of it.. my backne is back and the dark spots are back.

I can deal with the acne on my face..it is manageable, but my breakouts on my back does not let up. I take two showers a day and I am using a BP of 10% morning and night, but I am feeling pretty hopeless.

Now that Hydroquin causes all kinds of nasty things...is there a good alternative to skin lighteners?

Any advice will be really helpful.

Thanks

L.

Posted (edited)
Hi all.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am a 32 yr old African-Asian American. I have suffered from acne all my life. I get body and facial acne that the only time it went away was when I had health insurance and my dermatologist put me on Retin-A, Finacea, and a hydroquinoon blend. My back acne left me with ugly dark spots, that did fade with the cocktail I was on...but now that I am off of it.. my backne is back and the dark spots are back.

I can deal with the acne on my face..it is manageable, but my breakouts on my back does not let up. I take two showers a day and I am using a BP of 10% morning and night, but I am feeling pretty hopeless.

Now that Hydroquin causes all kinds of nasty things...is there a good alternative to skin lighteners?

Thanks

L.

hi i used retin a for 9 months... first 3 months my skin went through hell and then 4th month was such a blessing ,my skin was clear ....5th month started with a horrible breakout and the cycle continued for more 4 months... then i was so dishearted that i left retin a and started experimenting with home remedies ....i went to a new derm on 2nd of july ,i had 30 pimples on my face...there i had a chemical peel and prescribed me doxycycline...and when i returned home i decided to give baking soda a try...well for 28 days i m using baking soda as a mask daily and i only have one zit now...red marks have turned light brown...and i m also using a cream...it is very cheap and manufactured in pakistan and it is the most widely used cream here...it is called tibet snow...it costs less than a dollar...i apply it on red marks and spots before sleeping and wash it in the morning ...i know many people with flawless skin who use it...i m using it only for 7 days and no new zit ..you can order it buy googling...best of luck...i will keep everyone updated!!

Edited by rumah

Posted
Hi all.

Thanks

L.

hi i used retin a for 9 months... first 3 months my skin went through hell and then 4th month was such a blessing ,my skin was clear ....5th month started with a horrible breakout and the cycle continued for more 4 months... then i was so dishearted that i left retin a and started experimenting with home remedies ....i went to a new derm on 2nd of july ,i had 30 pimples on my face...there i had a chemical peel and prescribed me doxycycline...and when i returned home i decided to give baking soda a try...well for 28 days i m using baking soda as a mask daily and i only have one zit now...red marks have turned light brown...and i m also using a cream...it is very cheap and manufactured in pakistan and it is the most widely used cream here...it is called tibet snow...it costs less than a dollar...i apply it on red marks and spots before sleeping and wash it in the morning ...i know many people with flawless skin who use it...i m using it only for 3 days and no new zit (even during my periods)..you can order it buy googling...best of luck...i will keep everyone updated!!

Thank you for your reply! I will check Tibet Snow out!! :)

Posted

i had marks like that on my face and i got about 15 microdermabrasions and the marks are gone i think you should try it , but go to a license derm like i did 100 dollars a pop a little expensive but worth it

Posted

oh my GOD!! 15...i m just sticking to this baking soda and tibet snow regime...my marks are 50% faded in one month i hope to have absolutely clear skin in another 30 days...and my skin feels alot much smoooother

Posted (edited)

Tibet Snow has mercury in it. It's highly toxic and you'd be poisoning your skin and body if you use it. Prolonged use will result in mercury poisoning leading to kidney failure. I'd just go back to the hydroquinone if it worked for you, i use it and love it and it's a billion times safer than mercury, no derm would prescribe a cream containing mercury

Edited by eyecandi

Posted
Tibet Snow has mercury in it. It's highly toxic and you'd be poisoning your skin and body if you use it. Prolonged use will result in mercury poisoning leading to kidney failure. I'd just go back to the hydroquinone if it worked for you, i use it and love it and it's a billion times safer than mercury, no derm would prescribe a cream containing mercury

tibet snow ingredients:

http://www.itadka.com/control/product/~cat...w%20Cream%2045g

Posted

tibet snow ingredients:

http://www.itadka.com/control/product/~cat...w%20Cream%2045g

millions of people are using this cream...i've never heard of someone's death because of this...

my uncle is the owner of kohinoor chemicals co. manufacturer of tibet snow cream and i know it does not have mercury in it

Posted

The ingredient list you posted doesn't have a single active that could possibly lighten skin - just water, emollients, and preservatives. So at the very most, it'd be moisturizing.

If it is lightening skin, then it is probably doing so using mercury based compounds, which are unsafe for both the skin and body. The use of mercury in bleaching creams is nothing new, is often left off of ingredient lists, and is banned in most industrialized countries.

Posted
The ingredient list you posted doesn't have a single active that could possibly lighten skin - just water, emollients, and preservatives. So at the very most, it'd be moisturizing.

If it is lightening skin, then it is probably doing so using mercury based compounds, which are unsafe for both the skin and body. The use of mercury in bleaching creams is nothing new, is often left off of ingredient lists, and is banned in most industrialized countries.

well i really dont know what it does... i m just sharing my experience...i m using it and i can definately see the improvement,i have consulted with my derm he said there is no harm in using it ,i can use it if i like!! and it has turned my red and purple marks light brown so i dont have any problem with it....so if u think it can be dangerous then dont use it...i dont want to argue!!

Posted (edited)

well i really dont know what it does... i m just sharing my experience...i m using it and i can definately see the improvement,i have consulted with my derm he said there is no harm in using it ,i can use it if i like!! and it has turned my red and purple marks light brown so i dont have any problem with it....so if u think it can be dangerous then dont use it...i dont want to argue!!

noone is trying to argue with you , you recommended this cream so i felt i had to inform them that it contains mercury before they decide to run out and buy it. Your derm said its fine? i'm sure he looked at the ingredient list and would think so but this cream DOES contain mercury and like greentiger87 said no they would not list it on the label because it is an extremely toxic chemical not to be used in any cream in any concentration.

you can use whatever you like on your skin but like i said i felt it necessary to warn them

the fading/lightening effects you are seeing is from the mercury.

Edited by eyecandi

Posted

noone is trying to argue with you , you recommended this cream so i felt i had to inform them that it contains mercury before they decide to run out and buy it. Your derm said its fine? i'm sure he looked at the ingredient list and would think so but this cream DOES contain mercury and like greentiger87 said no they would not list it on the label because it is an extremely toxic chemical not to be used in any cream in any concentration.

you can use whatever you like on your skin but like i said i felt it necessary to warn them

the fading/lightening effects you are seeing is from the mercury.

thank u!