Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rljohnson918

Expired Claravis. Help Please!

Hi guys!

i'm new to this site so bear with me.

I took accutane for the prescribed 6 month period, ending in December of 2008. My treatment was an overall sucess, my acne has not reached the severity level where it used to be. However, i do still have mild-moderate breakouts. I have 6, 30 mg capsules of Claravis left-over and i'm thinking about taking them. But, they expired in 06/2010. Would it be safe for me to take them? I dont want my acne to worsen or any other major adverse side effect to occur. Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Edited by rljohnson918

I would advise you not to take your leftover pills. Accutane is a very dangerous drug and I don't think you should take it without consent from a doctor/ dermatologist. :/

Hi guys!

i'm new to this site so bear with me.

I took accutane for the prescribed 6 month period, ending in December of 2008. My treatment was an overall sucess, my acne has not reached the severity level where it used to be. However, i do still have mild-moderate breakouts. I have 6, 30 mg capsules of Claravis left-over and i'm thinking about taking them. But, they expired in 06/2010. Would it be safe for me to take them? I dont want my acne to worsen or any other major adverse side effect to occur. Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Not only is Accutane a serious medication that should not be taken without doctor supervision, but it can potentially be dangerous to take expired medication. Some medications turn toxic once they have expired.

Throw any expired medication away.