Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
charlie09

cleanser problems

I am on the regimen. My cleanser dries out my face quite a bit, to the point where my skin is flaking even before I apply the BP. Does this have a negative effect on the regimen's effectiveness? I currently use cetaphil daily facial cleanser. Every cetaphil product dries out my face. Open to any suggestions.

well, how long have you been doing the regimen? if you have only been at it for a week or so, the flakiness and such is common and you really just have to allow your skin to get used to the regimen, and that does take some time, and in the long run, it won't effect its overall effectiveness.

well, how long have you been doing the regimen? if you have only been at it for a week or so, the flakiness and such is common and you really just have to allow your skin to get used to the regimen, and that does take some time, and in the long run, it won't effect its overall effectiveness.

Ive been on the the regimen for about 2 1/2 weeks. Working fine just wondering about the cleanser dryness.

i'd say there's still the possibility it might just be skin adjustment, as you're still early on the regimen, but if it persists over the next week or so, you might want to look into the cetaphil for gentle skin cleanser, perhaps a little something less irritating.