Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
recoverme

I got a Green Smoothie and Nutrition Question For Ya

Hopefully ABGfairy can see this and answer this..

but anyways, I make a green smoothie every morning:

handful of spinach,

handful of strawberries/blueberries

1 apple

1 banana

Here's my situation.. I'm starting a new 9-5 job tomorrow and it seems that I will have less time to prepare this in the morning.

My question is, would it lose its freshness/nutritional value if I made this smoothie right before I sleep and refrigerate it? Or will it go bad?

Please let me know if this will help me out or if I should just continue making it in the mornings.

Thanks!

It will lose some nutritional value, but it's still better than not doing it. You could also throw the ingredients in the blender the night before, store in the fridge and blend in the morning. But it would be best to add some acidic liquid to cover the exposed edges of cut up fruit. Put the cut up fruit on the bottom.

Just drink it when you're out of work. Not really necessary to drink it in the morning.

9-5? You'll have time. It takes about 10 min or less. SO I would say to continue making it in the morning.

Edited by EddieE

Get a good blender that blends fast.

Get the ingredients ready, you could wash and cut them like alternate sais

Wake up 3min earlier?

Yeah just waking up a bit earlier to get the job done. The benefits should cancel out the 5minutes of sleep loss, a whole lot of energy.

Or if you can mutlitask you could browse for a 12v blender that plugs into a cig lighter socket. If you can drive a stickshift then you might have good odds at working a blender along side it. :dance:

Yeah just waking up a bit earlier to get the job done. The benefits should cancel out the 5minutes of sleep loss, a whole lot of energy.

Or if you can mutlitask you could browse for a 12v blender that plugs into a cig lighter socket. If you can drive a stickshift then you might have good odds at working a blender along side it. :dance:

:lol:

We who drive the stick shift are pretty damn good multi-taskers x]

If you have your ingredients all prepared and put into a container, you can just throw everything into the blender when you wake up and you're good to go.

:boogie:

Lol , Great idea :P When in traffic jam you can blend that stuff and drink it XD Maybe you can install it so its steady. Wonder what the looks will be if people drive past you and see you blend those greens.