Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noto214

Cystic acne on back ... mild but wondering what to do...

So I've been struggling with some type of acne my whole life. Nothing ever too bad until 5 months ago when I started breaking out like hell. It's slowed down a bit, I've learned to live with it most of the time and get on with my life. (FINALLY)

I normally have little blackheads and whiteheads on my face, no particular areas, just scattered, with a few inflamed pimples every day. Sucks but what can I do as of now.

As far as my neck and back, well they arent doing so hot right now. I've been getting red bumps that are under the skin and never normally come to a head on my back/back of my neck. My neck has 2 right now, but they aren't severe enough for me to talk about.

This post is about my back. Every now and then I'll break out in these big lumps that never really come to a head, take forever to go away (a week at least), and hurt like a son of a B. Now dont get the wrong idea my back isn't riddled with acne, but its got enough to affect my beach life lets say. I wont take my shirt off at the beach when my backs like this...theyre just huge bumps i wish you guys could see them in person, but I'll post a couple pics.

post-128530-1280360087_thumb.jpg

post-128530-1280360006_thumb.jpg

They kinda hurt as well. I'm awaiting talking to my doctor about what to do next with my face and body acne, because it's very nonresponsive so far to BP, Retin-a, salysilic washes, ect. He said he was researching mild doses of accutane but doesnt think its that serious at all to take that step...but my question is what other steps are there really? My acne pops up anywhere it wants. I can go 2-3 weeks without cystic pimples on my chest, then break out randomly...but i ALWAYS have small ones on my face and body...just occasional cysts.

Anyway I'm lighthearted about the subject so please guys some honest feedback...in the end its just acne, I gotta push through it...just want some advice :)

post-128530-1280360006_thumb.jpg

post-128530-1280360087_thumb.jpg

Anyone?

PS- I started putting Talcom Powder all over my body twice a day due to reading another post. Results have been pretty decent not gonna lie. No new big pimples, and the old ones seem to be drying and diminishing, at least to some extent.

Anyone?

PS- I started putting Talcom Powder all over my body twice a day due to reading another post. Results have been pretty decent not gonna lie. No new big pimples, and the old ones seem to be drying and diminishing, at least to some extent.

I need help with this issue also...

If your into Sports and stuff like that this type of acne on the back is very common. I had some of those same type of bumps before and all you can do is just wait it out really and make sure to keep the area clean around it.

DONT Try to pick and break them as That will turn into a more Hard Bump and eventually will not go away so easily and may need a small incision to get the cystic bumps out. I had 3 just removed and while Im happy that I got them Cut out. I think it would of been better if I had never touched or injured them to begin with which just infected the hair and the bump. Just take caution when your playing sports and what not that you dont fall hard on the bump or something like that as That is what happend to me and was not good LOL!!!

Dont Worry about it Mate!!! and if some girl at the beach is turned of by a couple bumps on your back then hell she isnt even worth the time. Alot of Girls understand that this is REALITY and they wont judge you for it. Honestly there are alot of HOT looking Girls out there that have the same type of problems in the "Private Area" and other areas But you would never know because there not naked and manage to cover themselves up with makeup.

Anyway Enjoy the Beach and the Rest of the Summer

Edited by Arch

You might want to consider fasting on juice and water for 3 days. I'm doing a 40+ day detox which helps elimate this problem, Drink more water and less soda. I quit drinking sugary stuff about a year ago. Do this and yours will improve as well. Good luck mate.