Notifications
Clear all

Ayurvedic treatment for Rosacea

MemberMember
(@rosacea-rose)

Posted : 07/28/2010 6:36 pm

I have recently been diagnosed with rosacea & the antibiotic cream did not seem to be doing much. I came across this site:

It is pretty radical but it seems to be working. I have had success with ayurvedic treatments before, they deal with the root of the problem rather than just the symptoms...

MemberMember
(@shantelle)

Posted : 07/29/2010 10:25 pm

I have recently been diagnosed with rosacea & the antibiotic cream did not seem to be doing much. I came across this site:

It is pretty radical but it seems to be working. I have had success with ayurvedic treatments before, they deal with the root of the problem rather than just the symptoms...

The website link doesn't seem to be there?

If you have recently been diagnosed with Rosacea please be very careful about using anything on your face. Rosacea skin is usually very easilly irritated/very sensitive. I wouldn't use anything not approved by your Dermatologist.

What anti-biotic cream were you using? Rosex?? What Rosacea type are you? i.e. Type 1 (redness/flushing, not pimple prone), Type 2 (Redness, papules/pimple prone)??

If you have Type 1 or Type 2 Rosex or Finacea are good to try first off... but it takes about 4-6 weeks effects to kick-in for most. It has anti-inflammatory properties.

If you have Type 2 Rosacea I would have thought Derm would also put you on long-term course of Oracea, or Doxycycline to ensure redness and p&ps are controlled and condition has less chance of progressing over time. These treatments also takes 6-12 weeks for anti-inflammatory properties to kick-in.

Best, Shantelle

MemberMember
(@aanchal)

Posted : 04/27/2015 1:45 am

hey all,

somebody pls help. i dont know what i have . it started in december. my cheeks turned red when i came back home . i went to derm . she said i have rosacea. and asked me to go for glycolic peel.i went and everything was fine until i went for a holiday and after 48 hrs i had a sudden inflammation on cheeks. i thought its rosacea flare up so i started treating it with tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar after reading success stories with this. but no help after 1.5 months i went to another derm she said this is photoallergy. treated me for that. again no help...i had itching so i applied calamine lotion which made it worse... then i went to another derm he also refused that its rosacea..as i am not having any flushing episodes since january. still no help. now i am taking homeopathic... i hope it helps. even he refused that it is rosacea.. now my skin has become so sensitive that water makes it inflamed but after an hour or so it becomes faint pink....god knows what is dis...i am going mad...i am thinking of going caveman now...as water is irritating my super sensitive cheeks....though the sensitivity on nose is gone on its own...earlier i noticed my nose turning pink or red...atleast its calm...is it some kind of allergy...