Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myostatin.

What's the point of living if you can't even eat what you want?

You know how restrictive acne diets can be, and for me it's so restrictive I'd have to just basically eat lean proteins and vegetables and a small bit of healthy fats to stay clear

I love eating food I love eating sugar and junk food I love the taste I love being a gluton and feeling full

What's the point of living if I can't even eat what I want even occasionally?

All just to prevent some stupid, totally unnecesssary condition called acne?

god, lifes a bitch

I just ate a plate of broccoli and spinach dipped in hummus... I miss food too but I know there is still a point of living!! Because we have to eat so healthy we are much better off then most people anyways because there are more cases of diabetes and heart attacks then there ever was before. I do miss bread and butter, chocolate brownies, and tons of other stuff but just cheat once in a while. That's what I do then I go back to eating healthy.

I'm eating only raw fruits and vegatables while my family eats rice. If i ate like them, i would have breakouts the next morning...I'd rather have clear skin than to enjoy food.

If I knew I would have clear skin if I just ate a certain way and could never eat junk food again, I would do it in a heart beat..having a restricted diet would be well worth it to to me for a clear face

Yep, it’s really shit

I just ate a plain tin of tuna this morning, nothing on it, right out the tin. And downed a green smoothie - green as in actually green, just lettuce, spinach and a green apple. I can’t even put frozen strawberries or raspberries or banana in it anymore to mask the taste, as it breaks me out

It’s like drinking a glass of vomit and makes me heave. And I struggle to eat the tuna as well

horrible horrible. But that’s life

and its all for waste because last night i allowed myself to be convinced into going out for a steak. I had the pepper steak which had some kind of sauce on which i’m sure had dairy in it, not to mention its red meat. So i’m sure i’ll pay the price for that in a few days time when i least expect it. Dare i have a cup of coffee today with a sugar in? Or a plane cookie? NO! How dare i even consider such a thing! My skin wont let me

Food doesn't break me out - except a few.. Like chips. I don't like them anyway, so that's good. Butter is also under suspicion, but I really don't eat it anymore. I find it disgusting and unnecessary, lol. There are also some others, but I don't keep track of it. I don't want to go on diet anyway, hehe.

EDIT: grammar error, oops :D

Edited by Annatar

Do you know exactly what food breaks you out?

I follow a somewhat restrictive diet but there's still so many delicious things to eat that it's not bad at all! Plus, once you stop eating sugar constantly you don't crave it anymore. It just takes a couple weeks of perseverance.

Some people can get away with having some "cheat foods" too. I still enjoy dairy, sugar and bread on occasion, I just don't make them the main part of my diet anymore. I also try to save it for times when I'm gonna be away from home or going out with friends.

Eating healthy should be something we all do anyway... the acne part sucks for those of us that break out from certain food, but hey, if it wasn't your skin it would be something else.

Chin up man, I'll give you some bomb recipes if you like :)

I actually don't mind following the meat, veggie, egg, oil diet. I'm on it for candida and if I go off of it I can't even list all the stuff i have to deal with (bumps, not even acne, all over my face which are itchy and sometimes spread to other places, horrible digestion and stabbing pains in the gut, bloating, gas, weight gain). The only thing I hate about it is how inconvenient it is and how everyone around me is eating shit and I have to watch them eat shit. I don't always feel like cooking food and I hate when my Dad keeps asking me to eat fruit and put honey on shit. I've told him a million times and went to the doctor but he keeps bothering me.

Yep, it’s really shit

I just ate a plain tin of tuna this morning, nothing on it, right out the tin. And downed a green smoothie - green as in actually green, just lettuce, spinach and a green apple. I can’t even put frozen strawberries or raspberries or banana in it anymore to mask the taste, as it breaks me out

It’s like drinking a glass of vomit and makes me heave. And I struggle to eat the tuna as well

horrible horrible. But that’s life

and its all for waste because last night i allowed myself to be convinced into going out for a steak. I had the pepper steak which had some kind of sauce on which i’m sure had dairy in it, not to mention its red meat. So i’m sure i’ll pay the price for that in a few days time when i least expect it. Dare i have a cup of coffee today with a sugar in? Or a plane cookie? NO! How dare i even consider such a thing! My skin wont let me

I just ate a plain tin of tuna this morning, nothing on it, right out the tin.

It already sounds like you've given up trying :/ We all miss and want things like homemade cookies, brownies, pasta...all these things we grew up on, it's all we've been taught. It's all we know.

Now we know we can't tolerate these things and haven't been taught how to eat the way you know you need to. Your book of recipies is blank. You no longer have anyone to teach you how to make this or that like our parents have growing up. Because we can't EAT the things we grew up with. It's not hard but it will take time, you have to figure out how to make your food healthy and delicious. Look up recipies and actually DO them. Then remember and keep your favorites.

Also, dishes generally taste better the more you add to them. Toss that tuna in a bowl, add chopped onions, peppers, lettus, herbs, and top it off with olive oil. And...tadaaaa! It already tastes much better.

Yeah, Can't even drink alchohol anymore. I fear the repercussions to bad. Chicken and veggies for me...They need to just come out with a damn pill already. I would give up eating all together. This food is so expensive and it isn't even good anymore. What I would do for a big mack, cheescake and an alcoholic beverage without having to worry about it the next day. Probably something so bad it would make Hitler proud.

This is why I never diet. Food is too good.

i'm with you friend. i always told myself "if you beat acne, you're going to have to do it some other way than cutting out foods because that's just not going to happen." tbh i'd rather be able to eat whatever i want than have clear skin, but i guess that might just be me. i make a point to try and eat healthier, just drink more water, eat fruit and veggies and all that, but if i want something, i eat it hah.

Meh, food isnt everything....I miss eating whatever I want but Id rather have clear skin to be honest. The way I see it is whats the point of living with a face full of acne. At least I can live life even if my diet is restricted, and admittidly it limits me to many things food related (going to resturants etc), but like I said Id rather have clear skin...

Im still in the early stages at the moment, so my diet mostly consists of the same foods that I know wont break me out, as time goes on I'll be able to expand my diet and eat a bigger variety of food, just got to experiment with different foods more and be careful at the same time.

At least I can live life even if my diet is restricted

you can live life either way though. i mean, if you prefer clear skin then you take the means to do so, but it's not like people with acne "can't live."

At least I can live life even if my diet is restricted

you can live life either way though. i mean, if you prefer clear skin then you take the means to do so, but it's not like people with acne "can't live."

Thats true, I was just talking on a personal level