Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myostatin.

Please help me, I can't stop eating sugar

Yes, I know sugar is awful for acne and every single time I eat a lot of sugary foods (even fruit), I always break out the next day every single time even though I have a great skincare routine and even though I'm on Accutane for fuck's sake!

How can I just stop having that constant craving and desire?! It just never leaves my brain. I was born with a really huge sweet tooth and it still pervades to this day even though I'm pretty much an adult.

There's a box of Honey Bunches of Oats right now and vanilla soy milk and I really really want to have a bowl or two. It's so fucking hard to control myself. Help me, how do I develop the discipline and what not?

Don't bring sugar into your house, and stop eating carbs. When I stopped eating carbs I stopped craving sugar ;) Hope that helps :)

Trust me it gets easier, I used to have a really bad sweet tooth like you, infact thinking back to how much sweets and sugar I actually ate, it just makes me realise that what happened to my skin was partially self inflicted, I just wish I knew that sugar can fuck up the skin when I was younger.....

Just throw all your sugary shit out and when you get sugar cravings just ignore them, after a week or two you wont get cravings no more, and your skin will start improving.

Also dont eat any high GI carbs otherwise it'll have the same affect as sugar.

What helped me was cutting out sugar gradually and not going cold turkey. I think that just creates the possibility of binging. Eating an ample supply of green leafy vegetables also works well for me. A large salad with a dressing of olive oil and apple cider vinegar is one of my favorites.

you have to treat it as a drug, like herroin or crack

go cold turkey and get it out of your life

if you see it around, ignore it. i managed to avoid having ice cream last night in the resturant last night, and didnt have a desert. you just have to tell yourself to GO FUCK YOURSELF and STFU brain i'm not eating that fucking ice cream because it makes my face look like shit - IS IT WORTH IT?! NO! SO DONT DO IT! (just dont say it out loud, say it in your head lol), seemed to work, i didnt have ice cream yesterday even though fucking LOVE it

Lowering carbs helped me. I was annoyed the first 4 days but after that everything was fine. Gradually didnt really work for me. You dont have to cut it out completely though. Im currently on 50-45% carbs instead of like 85%. I dont have cravings untill late in the day after my dinner which has some added sugar in it. I think that you dont have to cut out potatoes or fruit , but dont take to much though. But only all added sugar like bread,snacks etc.

And dont reward youself, stay on the diet.

Which foods do you crave?

Edited by joris

i eat rice every day, mostly twice a day but sometimes just once at lunch time with my meal etc. the culture is rice orientated like the far east, but we also have bread.

i know bread is a no-go, and it makes me fat anyway so i avoid it as much as possible

but what is your guys view on rice as a carb?

(white rice of the jasmin and basmati variety)

Lowering carbs helped me. I was annoyed the first 4 days but after that everything was fine. Gradually didnt really work for me. You dont have to cut it out completely though. Im currently on 50-45% carbs instead of like 85%. I dont have cravings untill late in the day after my dinner which has some added sugar in it. I think that you dont have to cut out potatoes or fruit , but dont take to much though. But only all added sugar like bread,snacks etc.

And dont reward youself, stay on the diet.

Which foods do you crave?

Potatoes are pretty bad, which is a real fucking shame because I love potato. The only potato which is low GI is new potato I think

i eat rice every day, mostly twice a day but sometimes just once at lunch time with my meal etc. the culture is rice orientated like the far east, but we also have bread.

i know bread is a no-go, and it makes me fat anyway so i avoid it as much as possible

but what is your guys view on rice as a carb?

(white rice of the jasmin and basmati variety)

Basmalti rice is one of the best rice's out there, Jasmin not so great, and other white rices are usually pretty bad, especially the small sticky ones even though they are delicious). Brown rice is also ok, as is wild rice. But all in all most rices have a pretty high/moderate.

Edited by JoeBloggs

ok thanks for that. jasmin rice is all finished now anyway. from now on, basmati only!!!!

because cravings are never nice. Even if your skinny. Because you cant keep giving in to them. Then you would eat WAY to much. So you have to surpress them. Thats anoying to. And maybe he wants to lose weight? Maybe he thinks theres a connection between sugar and acne?

today is friday lunch - which means we always go to the new mall by the sea (the only mall in this city). they have an american style ice cream shop on the top and we always go there after for desert. i had one last week, and the week before, and i KNOW it must break me out. so this time... must........... resist........... aHHH!