Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AI3forever

Quarrelled with my parents over scars.

I didn't start it first.

The thing is having scars caused me to have depression. I feel restless and have chronic pain (a very lousy mood all the time).

Just awhile ago, I just felt in a bad mood and showed some displeasure on my face (though I didn't complain or anything).

My father just shouted and scolded at me quite harshly, telling me to change my attitude and he's sick of living with me.

Thinking retrospectively, he does have a reason to scold me. I would be f-ked if my son pulls a long face everyday.

But the thing is I feel uncontollable pain or displeasure all the time, showing it through my face is just a natural thing to do. I've tried being smily and stuff like that but it feels very forced.

I'm really quite close to breaking down mentally. But as with everything mental, people think im faking it or that im just whining.

Don't waste your time waiting for a miracle cure because who knows when that will happen...Maybe some day there will be some cures that area better and less risky but how do we know when that is? We aren't on the front lines doing intensive research on this at a macro level...simply at a micro level...our own.

To the OP,

I know your feelings exactly and even when I don't complain I look upset and have been yelled at by family... Life isn't exactly perfect scars or no scars...and it would certainly help us if we didn't have it but

My advice as far as the depression...Stay away from mirrors for a bit and don't take pictures of yourself or scars because it will make you more depressed...because we liek to overanalyze our faults. I've done it many times even when I tell myself not to do it...just because it is a compulsion.

Try and rest from it...get good vitamins in your diet like Vitamin C and eat a little healthier and rest well and get on a good skin regimen that isn't too harsh on your skin and maybe even a topical retinoid.

That is the best you can do for now until you find a treatment that can help you safely and sufficiently.

I'm really quite close to breaking down mentally. But as with everything mental, people think im faking it or that im just whining.

Yeah, I know; the other day I was telling people I was starting to lose it because I worked too much and they just didn't show any understanding. :confused: