Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chikyuu

All-day all-night burning sting

I used the regimen for several months before stopping for some reason. Now I'm getting back on. But with starting over comes one of the worst symptoms of the first month of the DKR. The horrible burning sting that lasts 24 hrs. It constantly bugs me to the point where I can't sleep and I feel the need to press ice against my face during the day because it stings so bad. The first time I tried the DKR the burning made me cry at night because I couldn't sleep. Probably due to the moisturizer.

Flaking and shiny redness can be taken care off with some jojoba oil and powder foundation, but the stinging is awful and I never found a way to stop that. Any ideas?

Have you tried leaving on some Jojoba at night and using it in your moisturiser? I always find that the more Jojoba I have in my moisturiser the quicker the burning goes away and the Jojoba exfoliation always leaves my skin calm esp. when I leave it on for a few minutes after I've exfoliated. The burning is a pain in the ass but if it eventually leads to clear skin then it's worth it :D And it's defo manageable!