Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I Want It To End

What little thing do you miss the most?

i miss KFC.

i have not eaten it in about 3 years, as i know what it does to me. i know its bad for you whatever happens, and no one should really eat it anyway. but once a month as a treat was always nice... i couldnt even do it once a year as a treat haha, impossible. i dont eat fried foods anymore

i miss red meats actually as well

and i'm sick of cheeseless pizza haha

hey, we joined on the same day :P

Edited by Grind

Mine is not wearing makeup/: I hate wearing it but Im able to cope with my acne better if I wear it:( I just hope one day I will feel confident and beautiful:/ I just remember those days where I didn't have to worry about my skin, I miss those dayss

looking people in the eye. if im without makeup during a bad breakout, i only look down or act like im focused on something or someone in the distance that makes me keep my face turned from the person im with or around.

i miss not having to do a skin regimen religiously. i used to wash my face every day, but if i accidentally missed a day, it wasn't a big deal.

i also miss the days that i didn't pay attention to different lighting. the day i discovered how harsh natural light can be was a bitch.

hahaha that is brilliant you raised that issue, about lighting. I have that as well, I am always so conscious about the lighting, and in certain lighting I can be myself and in others (extremely bright elevators with mirrors etc, clinical environments, London subway trains), I am in hell.

one of the main reasons I stopped getting the subway to work and ride the bike instead (1hr 40 minutes each way), was so I didn’t have to look at anyone (or anyone didn’t have to look at me), up close, on the brightly lit London underground trains lol

Falling asleep with makeup on and not caring, not washing my face twice a day, not being constantly panicked, being late for school and not applying makeup without a second thought, not being embarassed to go to work, not being embarassed to see my boyfriend, HAVING SELF ESTEEM, not thinking everything I eat could cause a breakout, pool parties, the beach, feeling pretty, not wearing bandaids on wounds, not getting wounds!, feeling like my whole life is ahead of me, not crying weekly.

damn. sorry to just go off....

Exactly what BeadyB said. Just being able to fall asleep on the couch while watching a movie without having to wake up panicked about how you didn't do your regimen. Being able to wake up in the morning and just GO. Being able to swim without worrying about what your bare face looks like. Being able to sit close to people without scooting away or worrying about how bad your face looks. Eating boatloads of candy at the movies with your friends without feeling anxious about a breakout.

- touching my face/resting my face on my hand.

- letting other people touch my face or kiss me on the cheek or forehead.

- going to bed without washing my face.

- waking up without washing my face.

- NOT READING INGREDIENTS ON COSMETICS/SKIN CARE PRODUCTS.

- falling asleep on the couch and not worrying about the pillows not being clean.

- falling asleep on a bed that isn't mine and again not worrying about the pillows not being clean.

- letting my hair touch my face without freaking out.

- trying out new hair products (I never put products in my hair anymore).

- NOT CHECKING THE MIRROR AS SOON AS I WAKE UP.

- having soft, smooth skin with no red marks (this goes without saying)...

- not immediately feeling self-conscious when someone looks at me.

- in general, not thinking about my face or skin, not worrying about what it will do if I'm not absolutely perfect with my skin care routine on any given day.

- no burning products that make my face peel!

- not wasting money on skin care products or expensive makeup because I don't trust the cheap ones anymore.

I could go on...

I miss not hearing that voice in the back of my head reminding me every day about "what may cause acne.".

I miss being able to eat what I want, party my face off and experiment with cosmetics without having an anxiety attack about what may happen if I do.

What I miss the most is being able to look at myself in the mirror and be worrying about how my hair or makeup looks, not my complexion and everything that is wrong with my face.

Edited by only.one.

I miss looking at the mirror or the windows and not feeling compelled to look away.

I miss being able to stay at a friends overnight because I don't want to be seen without makeup.

I miss not having to worry about whether people will be more or less attracted to me because I have acne. I have this nightmare that I'll meet a cute guy and we become close, but then one day I decide to show him my true appearance without makeup, and he'll become so horrified by my appearance that he'll never want to see me again.

I'm sad that I missed out on all the fun parties my friends went to in college, sad that I missed out on some great times because my acne was so bad that makeup couldn't help it look better.

I miss not having to care about getting my picture taken, or not having to avoid the camera. Now whenever I look through facebook pictures I'm almost always absent from them even though I was actually there.

I'm sad that I missed out on some great opportunities because I let having acne beat down my self confidence.

I also miss being able to party like a rock star and have a sleepless crazy night without breaking out.

Edited by adalyn

I don't really remember that far back. I guess I miss being a kid where you could generally be carefree about everything.

exactly the same thought as mine.

Edited by lameleah

I miss not having to worry about whether people will be more or less attracted to me because I have acne. I have this nightmare that I'll meet a cute guy and we become close, but then one day I decide to show him my true appearance without makeup, and he'll become so horrified by my appearance that he'll never want to see me again.
i know its easy for me to say and you've probably heard it 1000 times before. but if he's the right guy for you then your skin would honestly not be an issue if you took off your makeup. he would still like you just as much

if he didnt, then he's an idiot and 100% not the guy for you anyway. so at least you dont have to waste any further time finding out if he's the right guy or not, he'll have already shown his true colours.

i think guys care less about acne than girls do actually, when it comes to finding people they like etc. so please don't be discouraged from trying.

looking people in the eye. if im without makeup during a bad breakout, i only look down or act like im focused on something or someone in the distance that makes me keep my face turned from the person im with or around.

definitely this for me..I never appreciated how nice it was to look someone in the eye and not worry about the acne and the scarring they are looking at...I wish I could do that again

Looking in the mirror, And being happy with myself.

Going to bed at night when im tired, Not worrying about getting up, Washing, exfoliating, Toning and moisturizing, pinning my hair up, Changing my pillowcase, and FINALLY going to bed, By then im not even tired anymore v_v

Letting my family take pictures of me, I wont let anyone near me with a camera.

Going outside, I know its not necessary to shut myself in like this, But i honestly cant face the world with this face, Not because of them judging me, But because i want to be able to hold my head high, and smile, and be confident, Not hiding in the corner, not looking anyone in the face.

;_;

It's been a while since I've been totally free of acne or marks, but I know I miss feeling comfortable around people while outside in natural light. I love the outdoors and nature but when I'm with people in harsh sunlight I just want to hide my face because I know my skin looks worse outside than it does indoors. This is probably weird but for me fire drills at school stick in my mind because everyone would be outside, standing around talking and I'd just want to get back inside to the slightly less unflattering florescent lights. I wish the entire world was lit exactly like my bathroom... :lol:

Oh, I also miss getting my face painted at carnivals or for Halloween, like when I was little :blush: The idea of putting greasy paint on my face makes me cringe now. I'm pretty careful when it comes to getting stuff on my face and it's always in the back of my mind, "will this break me out?". I miss not caring.

I like the idea of this topic! :DD

I miss waking up in the morning and being able to get dressed and go to school without worrying about my regimen and medication! Oh one day I will be able to do that again.. :/ And also being able to wear helmets and masks for sports without having to worry about new breakouts

I don't really remember that far back. I guess I miss being a kid where you could generally be carefree about everything.

This...

miss not comparing my skin to others-before acne i never thought about other peoples skinor mine now its like im constantly comparing.

miss only taking a few minutes getting ready. now it takes AGES mostly because it takes me ages to get over my face and then i think whether i should go out or not and then decide no if its a bad day.

miss just going out whenever i want and just walk out. now i examine my face ad hide it if i can or only go when its dark.

miss being confident

miss looking in the mirror and think im goodlooking

miss everything i didnt have to do before i had acne.

Can pretty much identify with all of these posts.

I miss :

The days when looking in the mirror wasnt the very first thing I did in the morning

The days when washing my face wasn't an epic procedure

Being able to touch my face, I only do it now when I am washing it

Being able to wash my face without noticing sore spots which I know will be pimples

Sleeping in make-up

Not being bothered and scared about any new face products in case they break me out

The days when "breaks me out" wasnt somehting I thought about

Sleeping in make up

Not always thinking about my skin

Not being scared of natural light

My makeup only taking a couple of minutes

I never realised how much I missed till I started posting ...