Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Williamo

Moisturizer help!!! My skin is dry and Red as HELL

Just recently my skin decided to do a complete 180 instead of being unbearably oily it is now extremely dry. Mostly around my nose cheeks and chin region. I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser twice a day when I wake up and before I go to sleep. And even if I put globs on moisturizer on and its 80 degrees in my room my skin feels tight and dry after the moisturizer absorbs in an hour or so. It is completely ridiculous how drastic my skin changed but it has.

My moisturizer at the present moment is Cetaphil moisturizering lotion and even though it suppose to be super thick and strong its just not getting the job done. So ideally I am looking for something that will moisturize my skin enough so that its not red irritated and dry but also not greasy and slimy!

If anybody has any suggestions ideas of really strong working moisturizers I would love to hear from you also my lips have gone extremely chapped as well in humid 90 degree heat so any chapstick suggestions would be good as well...thanks!

if you have dry skin, you should only use moisturizer during the day and not at night

glycerin is good

Why shouldn't you use moisturizer at night I never heard of this before is their any specific reason or link to why you shouldn't? I just try to keep moisturizer on at all times!

Thank you for all of your suggestions it seems like this Cerave is getting RAVE reviews heh heh...this is sad I have so many moisturizers just sitting on my dresser and none of them are really cutting it...

Dan's moisturizer

Neutrogena

Complex 15

Aveeno

Cetaphil two different kinds!

I guess I will give this Cerave stuff a go and report back hopefully it works. I have also been using Jojoba oil I have been putting on my moisturizer than putting a little oil over that. Is that the correct way to apply it. I know some people said to mix it in with your moisturizer but it turned into a blobby mess...thanks everyone!

Thank you for all of your suggestions it seems like this Cerave is getting RAVE reviews heh heh...this is sad I have so many moisturizers just sitting on my dresser and none of them are really cutting it...

Dan's moisturizer

Neutrogena

Complex 15

Aveeno

Cetaphil two different kinds!

I guess I will give this Cerave stuff a go and report back hopefully it works. I have also been using Jojoba oil I have been putting on my moisturizer than putting a little oil over that. Is that the correct way to apply it. I know some people said to mix it in with your moisturizer but it turned into a blobby mess...thanks everyone!

Hope it works for you! I would put the oil on first and then the moisturizer. It's kind of like a serum- thinner products first most of the time.