Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had a few nodules this year, and I'd never gotten them before then, so I wanted to know if this is normal.

Two that I had have gone down in size completely - there is a purplish-red mark where they used to be, but otherwise you can't tell that anything was there. However when I wash my face, I can feel a hard lump under my skin in those areas. It doesn't hurt at all like the nodules did, and like I said, it isn't visible above my skin - but I can definitely feel it underneath. Is this normal, and if it is, when will it go away? (I treated the nodules with Benzamycin, they went down in within four days. One of the lumps has been there just over a week, the other one just over two weeks.)

This seems to happen sometimes when a cystic swelling dies down, leaving behind a hard pellet-like remnant like you've described.

I don't want to alarm you but I have two in my earlobe which have been there for months. They're best buddies and they take turns to occasionally flare up and become active cysts again before dying down.

Eek that sounds SO painful! :(

I've never had a cyst before though, I don't think. Just nodules.. would it be any different? :S

Eek that sounds SO painful! :(

I've never had a cyst before though, I don't think. Just nodules.. would it be any different? :S

Hmm, under-the-skin inflammation normally makes me think of cysts immediately, but maybe not...

I guess you should just give it more time and try not to prod them too much (easier said than done, since they're quite curious things and poking at 'em sorta the only way to keep track of them).

If they don't seem to make any healing progress, or they create more nodules in the future, you could probably have them removed surgically.