Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoicRemy

Using no moisturizer?? or any lotion..

Ive been using cetaphil gentle cleanser for an year n half now... during that period, I been getting few random acne here n there but nothing big...

then one day I went to facial salon and I was told I had very unbalanced skin..because I been using no moisturizer.. but the thing is my skin never gets really dried...

so I switched to gm collins and started to use toner and moisturizer.. but that makes my skin really prone to breakouts and shows more dark spots/scars..

Is using no moisturizer really bad for your skin???

Well since cetaphil is a really gentle cleanser not using a moisturizer is fine.

:)

And if you feel your skin was better before you should just go back to cetaphil and no moisturizer. Or you can get the cetaphil moisturizer. Its really nice

:D

I've been wondering the same thing..

I don't know about moisturisers, my skin hates every one I've ever tried, so I don't use any either. I don't notice a difference between my skin when I don't use one and when I do. I don't think moisturisers are important at all but other people swear they are. Who knows! I really think you should just do whatever feels right for your skin; everyone's different. If your face doesn't feel tight after cleansing (which it shouldn't if you're using Cetaphil), you probably don't need a moisturiser.

The only use I've found to moisturisers is that they stop your skin from getting oily. But when this happens for me, it makes my skin drier over time... and I'd rather have combination skin than be dry and flaky all over.

yes, in my opinion everyone should really use a moisturizer. just because you don't have any noticeable dryness on your face like flakes or something doesn't mean your face isn't dry. moisturizers just help keep the skin revitalized and healthy, i honestly can't get a good start to my day unless i get it on.

when i use my moisturizer it makes my skin to appear more oily..? should i try somthing new currently i have been using Olay SPF 15 daily moisturizer

moisturizer REALLY helps.

I use Emu oil, I heard it clogs pores, and i did get a couple whiteheads when i first tried it, but it makes my skin so soft and smooth now.

Just try a bunch of moisturizers until you find one you like, Its not COMPLETELY necessary, But it helps alot and is better for your skin.

when i use my moisturizer it makes my skin to appear more oily..? should i try somthing new currently i have been using Olay SPF 15 daily moisturizer

Try something "sheer" or dry touch. Nothing with the words radiant in it! Haha. A gel-creme or a gel moisturizer might be less shiny on you.

Try something "sheer" or dry touch. Nothing with the words radiant in it! Haha. A gel-creme or a gel moisturizer might be less shiny on you.

I do not use moisturizer anymore and it has completely changed my life. I am finally clear! If you are using tons of acne treatments that dry out your skin(bp) you may need one but for me not using any treatments or moisturizer is what finally, finally cured my acne issues for good. I still wash with st ives blemish control apricot scrub daily and that's it. check out my board for more details.