Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys! Browsing through these forums I've noticed a lot of posts regarding ignorant comments by family members and/or friends.. This annoys me aswell but I thought I'd give you another point of view on that :)

1)People who don't take care of their skin and are still porcelain.

It always made me think how in the heck could every single one of my friends have a literally perfect skin without using any regimen or whatnot. But the fact is that you would most likely not act yourself either before you see symptoms. I'm talking about pre-emptive strike, How many teenagers will go for cleanser BP moisturizer in their early youth before they even see a pimple in their face? My point is that people who suffer from acne take action to get it under control, people with no genes for acne do not have to thus allowing them for basicially neglect their skincare.

2)"Wash your face more to get red of acne"-people.

We've all heard these comments coming from people who have no idea of the disease or taking care of it! Again as much as its ignorance its also lack of experience. These people have never had the problem themselves so they cannot imagine having to dot your face up with different creams and popping pills to thrive for clear skin. All they had to do is somewhat regularly wash their face. My friend for instance very diplomatically suggested I should buy this grocery store piece of crap Clearasil because he hasn't had a pimple since using it. Well guess what punk? You wouln't probably have it anyway!! People with no acne experience often believe that what keeps them clear is universal and can be applied by anyone to achieve great results. When I was younger I thought I was the only one without glasses because I ata a lot of carrots, the truth revealed to me later when I realized none of my family had ever had problems with their vision.

I hope noone got offended by anything, shouldn't be anything offensive there though..This is just what I've observed and I'm sure some of you have given this a thought too :DD

Nonetheless I still despise ignorant people and their advise, but nowadays I'm not half the offensed I used to be since I understand where their lack of knowledge is coming from.

2)"Wash your face more to get red of acne"-people.

We've all heard these comments coming from people who have no idea of the disease or taking care of it! Again as much as its ignorance its also lack of experience. These people have never had the problem themselves so they cannot imagine having to dot your face up with different creams and popping pills to thrive for clear skin. All they had to do is somewhat regularly wash their face. My friend for instance very diplomatically suggested I should buy this grocery store piece of crap Clearasil because he hasn't had a pimple since using it. Well guess what punk? You wouln't probably have it anyway!! People with no acne experience often believe that what keeps them clear is universal and can be applied by anyone to achieve great results. When I was younger I thought I was the only one without glasses because I ata a lot of carrots, the truth revealed to me later when I realized none of my family had ever had problems with their vision.

I cannot count how many times this has happened with me! It's so annoying how they think they're the expert because they have clear skin. People have told me to scrub my face as hard as possible because it will produce better results. Yeah, sure. I remember this time when I was in a shop and this girl was trying to tell me to buy this product because it worked for her and how it was the best thing she's ever used. < Yes, but we have completely different skin! Ahhhh, just the lack of knowledge about acne really amazes me sometimes. As you mentioned ^

When I was younger I thought I was the only one without glasses because I ata a lot of carrots

Well at least you were closer to getting your 5-a-day :lol::lol:

2)<b>"Wash your face more to get red of acne"-people.</b>

The thing that gets me about these people is the thing that gets me about anyone that talks about something they know nothing about. If I was sitting next to someone that was morbidly obese, I wouldn't say "you should go to yoga so you can be skinny like me". I've never had a weight problem, I have no idea what that feels like. Maybe that person has a thyroid problem? Maybe there is an underlying psychological issue? Regardless, if I haven't done my homework and if I've never been there myself, I haven't got the right to give advice. So I have no qualms about telling someone to politely go fuck themselves when they give me their well-intentioned BAD advice.

What realy annoys me is when people say to me that i'm being stupid letting my acne effect my confidence, yes they're right but it's still annoying when they're sitting there saying that with their perfectly clear skin while eating their junk food, drinking their alcohol and smoking their cigarettes.