Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hysteria

Likelihood of hyperpigmentation/scarring

I would like to think I don't really have an acne problem but maybe I do.

I've only broken out twice in my life (with the exception of the occasional zit)

BUT, each time I've broken out, it's been terrible. I'm thinking it was a hormonal thing, because I can't figure out whether it was from diet, or medicine, etc.

Well, each time I've broken out like this I've had absolutely terrible hyperpigmentation and some very minimal scarring. I broke out 2 years ago and it took about a year and a half to get almost perfect skin again and THEN I broke out again this summer! I have some pretty bad hyperpigmentation, and it's been kind of devastating for me.

I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to avoid this happening to me!? Is it more common for some skin types than others? Is there something wrong that I'm doing?

I've been using Differin & BP.. I'd really like to get some skin peels or something to help but I'm afraid I'll just break out all over again in 2 years and go through the same stuff sad.gif

Can you think of anything that is the same now as two years ago that isn't normally present in your life?

I don't think you can avoid hyperpigmenting. The only way is to not break-out. I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

Some people are more susceptible to scarring while others do not scar. The older you are, the more likely it is to scar and hyperpigment.

You can look into peels for your hyperpigmentation.