Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NodFlenders

How many of you are post-accutane?

Just wondering how many of you haven taken accutane and are currently dealing with the red-marks left over.

I finished just over a month ago and still have lots of redmarks left over. They feel like they've been there years now. I'm very discouraged, I expected accutane to clear me 90% but I still feel like I'm dealing with acne.

If there's anyone around who is 2-3+ months post; was there a point where you saw a significant improvement in your redmarks?

I'm about 2 years post accutane and i'm still dealing with redness!

But I think I may have broken blood vessels or something.

How long were you on the drug, mate?

I was only on for 3.5 months, but took an anti-biotic for 3 months before that. I can barely remember how my skin looked before all these pills.

Do you think shaving every night will help? I hear it removes a layer or skin or something.

How long were you on the drug, mate?

I was only on for 3.5 months, but took an anti-biotic for 3 months before that. I can barely remember how my skin looked before all these pills.

Do you think shaving every night will help? I hear it removes a layer or skin or something.

I took a 6 month course (120mg per day). Cleared my severe acne right up. But left severe redness behind on my fair skin (which would at that dose!). The redness has probably faded a fair bit, but i've had some acne come back since then which has left hyperpigmentation marks. (So I can't really blame it all on the accutane)

To answer your question about removing dead skin. You should avoid this at all costs for about 6 months after Accutane. When shaving, be very careful as your skin is currently in a highly sensitive state. Also, protect your skin from direct sunlight by wearing a high factor sun screen.